Extra battery

Want to install extra battery for sounds. Do I need a isolator or no? Only pushing 1600 rms but I am seeing voltage drops. It's a factory 160amp alt and agm battery. If not can I ground tha batteries separately from each other and just ground amp to second battery.

No isolator or relay needed hook it up in parrel

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

I have to different locations that are factory grounds. I just want to leave the regular battery grounded where it's at and ground thee extra one at a different ground point

That would be fine. I don't believe it matters as to where you ground the 2nd AGM battery. I have mine grounded in the trunk to the same spot amp is grounded. Make sure you've sanded your grounding point so you make a good clean connection.

^^^ im my opinion no, when adding extra batteries and wiring in parallel, your keeping 12 volts but your combining cranking amps and aH (amp hour) group 31 is a more common size to use when adding a second battery but you can use any battery group, just the bigger the battery the more capacity you will have. Its a good idea to stick will all wet cell batteries or all AGM batteries.

Archived