Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Does this look right for two 12" Level 3 m2?


akrja_07

Recommended Posts

Posted

DC website says they like 1.25 cubes for ported. I am wanting to do the subs up and port to the side. If someone could look over this and tell me if anything needs to be changed it'd be greatly appreciated... I'm not even sure I did this correctly. I normally do the RE box calculator but that only lets you do slot ports on the front of the box.

With the one port piece running the length of the box from the side it should not bend, correct?

Where I put 1 for "number of extra baffles" does it calculate the front piece as 1.5" so it is doubled inside the box?

dclv3m2d1_zpsjgk9rs30.jpg

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Posted

How much power are you going to be running?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

How much power are you going to be running?

DC 2.0k

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Posted

It's a generally tight design considering you are not going much above rated but it's ok specs wise, you should check how your box layout is going to be though.

Posted

It's a generally tight design considering you are not going much above rated but it's ok specs wise, you should check how your box layout is going to be though.

What do you mean by check how the box layout is going to be? I figured that's where I messed up somehow... I want to do subs up, port side so I clicked the box for "sub upward" then for the port I did 13.5"w x 3"h x 32.5"L since it's coming from the side, the box is 15" deep, thats where I got the 13.5", with a 3" opening, and stretching 32.5" into the enclosure with no bend, did I do that wrong?

Also you said it's a tight design, is it too small you think? What you you recommend as far as cubic feet I was just trying to go by the specs but I have room I can go as big as 50" long. Thanks!

EDIT* I am trying to make it like this box you helped with for two type-x 12's, would this box here work for the level 3 12's also?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/205194-looking-for-some-help-with-enclosure-for-2-alpine-type-x-12/

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Posted

You will find many designs based on 1.75 net per driver, since you are overpowering just mildly you could easily do that.

Posted

You will find many designs based on 1.75 net per driver, since you are overpowering just mildly you could easily do that.

Thank you, I will just use the same design you made for my two type-x twelves then.

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3270 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...