Sonic Electronix

Where to warranty American Bass products?

Hey guys, I live out in Kentucky and I've run into an issue. My American Bass VFL 2680.1D amp blew. It started going into protect mode, even when speakers are disconnected. It's getting 13.4 volts at the positive terminal and the remote terminal using a Power Probe II meter. It's getting 0 volts/clean ground using the same tool. Confirmed it with a Fluke meter also. The subwoofers are still reading 1.1 ohm so I don't think they caused this. When it quit playing bass, the head-unit volume was down to conversation level in the car and the temp of the amp (first thing I checked) was only room temperature so ~75f.

I opened the amp and there is no distinct smell, no obvious burned areas and I studied the board closely under a bright flashlight but couldn't find anything wrong.

I was going to see if it will get warrantied out. Problem is, I don't know who to take it to or send it to. The American Bass website doesn't have a clear method for warranty claims. I'm assuming I will have to take it to, or send it to a dealer but I don't know of any in my area. Anyone here on the forum a dealer, or know where I can send it to?

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

Thanks. I just now found their email on their website. This morning I was looking from mobile and couldn't find it at all. I found it once I looked from my computer and could see everything better.

• 3 weeks later...

So after weeks of waiting on slow responses from all parties, it has come to this. I am opting to purchase another brand amplifier. The online seller that I purchased from on Amazon, has declined to help because I'm outside of the 60 day window that they cover troubles.

Bob from American Bass was adamant that I take up the issue with the seller and stopped responding all together but...the seller finally said they're going to do nothing for me. That leaves me at 3 weeks with no bass in my car, no solution in sight and really not many options, but to fork over the money to buy another amp. I don't mind spending the money, I just hated waiting so long to find out that it wouldn't be covered after-all.

Ironically, I was so into the idea of buying all American Bass for my setup because their warranty seemed solid. It probably would be, if I had a local dealer to work with in person but no such luck for me. No hard feelings toward American Bass products...I loved the amp while it played...still do love the subs. It just sounds like the seller online is flakey. So I'm just going to buy another brand that I can contact directly if I have any future troubles.

Feel free to PM me any brand suggestions.

here's the problem, American bass does not authorize anyone to sell their stuff online,

If you had bought that amp from an authorized brick and mortar dealer they would have taken care of you no questions asked.

It pays to do some research before buying stuff online.

Get ahold of Amazon directly, if a product carries a 1 year warranty amazon will make the vendor honor it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

here's the problem, American bass does not authorize anyone to sell their stuff online,

If you had bought that amp from an authorized brick and mortar dealer they would have taken care of you no questions asked.

It pays to do some research before buying stuff online.

Get ahold of Amazon directly, if a product carries a 1 year warranty amazon will make the vendor honor it.

I understand what you're saying but...I notice that you cannot get on American Bass website and order directly from them as a consumer. So I take it that only a dealer can purchase from them. If Amazon sells new American Bass products, wouldn't the seller have to be a dealer, to even have those products available, or no?

Basically I thought the seller was a dealer for American Bass, so I didn't think there would be any problem buying from them.

Don't matter if they are a legit brick and mortar dealer, they are still not authorized to sell the products online so American bass won't help you at all.

And just because they are selling it doesn't mean they are a authorized brick and mortar dealer either, people find ways to get their hands of stuff to sell.

Like I said, I'd contact amazon directly and see what they will do for you.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived