Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello,

I shall first introduce myself. I'm Nick, 28 years old and from the Netherlands. So incase my English is not that good, you know why. I'm reading here for several years on the forum and the builds over here are amazing. I'm currently building on a vw passat b5 sedan. The equipment:

HU: Pioneer deh-p 9400mp

Front High: Scanspeak d2905

Front Mid: Audio System HX 100 SQ

Front Kick: Audio System HX 165

Sub: I don't have one yet, I think it will be the ground zero gzrw30xspl d2

High Amp: Audio System twister F2-130 running 2x65 wrms @ 4 ohm

Mid/Kick Amp: Audio System twister F4-600 running 4x150 wrms @ 4 ohm

Sub Amps: 2 Audio System twister F2-500 running 1x1180 wrms @ 2 ohm each

The goal is good sound that can play loud. I will go for a stock look, so nothing crazy. The amps and sub will go in the thrunk. This build is for my own hobby, so no competitions.

Some history first: I started at 18 years with car audio. I had a rockford p300.1 on a pioneer sub. Untill now I'm still impressed of this set with only 150 wrms. I had 131.8 db on the meter. Then I read a lot about car audio on the internet. I found the brand Audio System, these days its called gladen, and I wanted to try this out. I bought a few amps, a helon compo with double kicks, a sub. Then when I had everything in the car I got a car crash and the car was totalled. So new car, new instal.

Kofferbak_Renault.jpg

Kofferbak_Renault_2.jpg

Deurpaneel_Renault.jpg

This install had a great sound and I had this so a few years. On the meter it did 140,1 Db.

After almost 2 years without a descent instal I started again.

So now my current build.

Passat_kabels_deel1.jpg

strip the car

Passat_kabels_deel_4.jpg

First run of power wire

Passat_kabels_deel3.jpg

Second run of power wire

20160807_183444.jpg

Secure the power wires

passat_kabels_deel2.jpgi

Power wires in trunk

Passat_deur_links.jpg

Mounting my first kick, the audio system hx. Also pulled speaker wires straigt to the trunk.

passat_deur_rechts.jpg

Speaker wires for the driver door

Passat_deur_rechts2.jpg

Passat_nog_meer_kabels.jpg

Speaker cable voor the mid, I have to make costum kickpanels for them.

Passat_speakerkabels.jpg

Speaker cables ready for driver side

Passat_tweeters.jpg

Old vs new tweeters.

Passat_tweeter.jpg

Solder speaker wires

Passat_deur_klaar.jpg

Drivers door ready

Passat_deur_compleet.jpgj

Door panel back on, I have te make costum speaker grills

Passat_versterkerbak1.jpg

First Amp mounted, its hidden behind the rear seats. I only have to make a trim panel for hidding the wires. This is the amp for the kicks and mids. The small amp is already removed. This amp is for my tweeters, it whas there so I had music until I hook up the 4 channel amp.

Passat_versterkerbak_2_1.jpg

Start of the amp rack

passat_versterkerbak_2_2.jpg

Amp rack ready. I do have to make trimpanels, but first I have to calculate how big my sub enclosure will be and how much room is left.

Al this progres is from last week. To bad I only have one day holiday left so it will be a slow build after the weekend. Al wire mess in the picture you see is only wiring for playing music while I work on the instal. This car is my daily driver and I can't whitout music.

Posted

wow very interesting setup, I like your attention to detail when installing, thanks for sharing! :yahoo:

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1456 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...