Sundown Audio

3 15 inch woofers suggestions on bass amp

Malcdiesel

id stay away from the crescendo 12k

alot of people had bad things to say about the huge nendo boards at the last show i was at

Like what specifically?.......................................................................

that they blow up

main dude sayin it had 4 crescendo 15's walled and this was his response when I asked why not nendo amp he had crossfire

I could post pics of his setup if u like

Gregg Stark also had problem. Didn't even go into protect just poof.

1349713160_rte.png

so I talked to roger great guy, he told me XS 4k would drive the evils a little to hard and that I should go with 3 XS 2Ks. which produces way more than 2k and with a good charging system I could see well over 4k.

we're all about overkill around here

but putting a 2K on a evil just dont sound right

so I talked to roger great guy, he told me XS 4k would drive the evils a little to hard and that I should go with 3 XS 2Ks. which produces way more than 2k and with a good charging system I could see well over 4k.

Don't forget those amps will run at 0.5 Ohm. They won't produce 2000 watts only!

I think a 3K-3k5 amp should be enough for those D1 subs.

If you're not chasing numbers, or tenths, you should be good. Overkill is nice, but it can be very expensive (amps, more batts, more alts, more wire,...).

A single Sundown SCV 3000 (for example) on each : that would slam hard and sound good too.

Sundown, Ampere, DC, Incriminator, DD : I would choose between those. A big one, or 3 smaller ones.

Good luck.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

couldnt agree more. ya, some people over drive their shit..... but, hell, id put a xs2k on each coil on them drivers. Roger is a great dude. Ill say that....

What is pretty cool, is Roger didnt do the car sales man shit. Hey, put a 8k on each, ... send me a check.

Know what i mean? I can dig that. Dude actually told him a cheaper option.

Anyway.... chasing numbers and such aside, if your gonna run a 2k board (which WILL do great numbers with great elec) Then i wouldnt spend the money on the EVILS. No need. Just me. There are many drivers from that same build house, that are cheaper, and will do that all day, every day. Buy evils/team subs, and put a 2k board on em...... I wouldnt. Id put the money else where, or put power to em. Just me.

For fun,.call roger back, and ask him what power hed lay into the xfire spl v5 (pretty sure that what they call it now). Its bascially the same driver.

Again, just my opinions.

With D2 subs one 4K per sub would have been a great combo.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Yup he's a really good guy he filled me in with all I needed to know about multiple subs, and why I couldn't strap (2) 8Ks to 3 Subs... about the subs I already had one Evil, so I just ordered 2 more but the reason roger told me to get the 2ks due to the fact I only got (1) mechman 240 amp alternator on a 12 volt system he said I would have a better chance with these amps electrical wise. also the board on the XS 2k have a 3k watt board. so they are paired up to the sundown 3K, DC, Ampere etc. so I should be good.

Archived