I've noticed that if I disconnect the negative terminal on my battery I still have power to the vehicle. I'll have to disconnect the positive to get it to completely turn off. I did an alternator swap on the Trailblazer and the big three so why do you you think this is happening?

I've posted my set up on my build page as far as wiring. I can put a pic in this post if needed. Thanks!

Nothing is fused at this point. One wire is going to the alternator. One ground is going to the bolt of the alternator and other is grounded to the frame.

C5l8T4Q.jpg

LCF699h.jpg

Here is a link to your build for wire pictures:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/205306-2002-chevy-trailblazer-slow-build-started/page-2

There has to be a ground somewhere in the loop for it to not shut off.

That's what I was thinking. You think there a ground screw on the alternator itself I might have forgot to plug up?

when you remove it you are removing the entire negative terminal and not just the side post part right?

Just the side post part.

So the rest of the negative terminal is still hooked up? Including the connections you added for the big 3?

Yes.

Then it sounds like you aren't disconnecting the negative terminal?

I see why that would be the issue because the battery is still grounded. Makes sense. So I should remove the other two wires from the multi-post and that should remedy my issue you think?

I also moved the positive wire from the alternator up to the un-fuse side instead of leaving it live. Not sure if that makes a difference, but in the instructions is said fuse between that wire. I never have before.

Archived