Jump to content

`95 Grand Cherokee Limited (JBL) It's a start...


Recommended Posts

Posted

Well, I guess I can drop my build on the forum. Nothing special but I have a goal. The system I am building will be evolving over time and it is purely for my listening pleasure... no competitions or SPL goals. Just a decent sounding system with the ability to knock me stupid from time to time. On with the show!

Upgrade to 1/0 power and grounds.

14102368_1198514360191571_90570942928323

14040017_1198515050191502_52828091153674

14068071_1198514573524883_67462920409610

14079899_1198514403524900_44888211458481

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998

JBL GTO608C Components

JBL GTO628 Coaxials

JBL P1224 12" dual 4ohm Subwoofers

Alpine MRV-F545 - Alpine MRX M100

Hand Built by Me 5.9cu.ft. slot ported enclosure tuned to 27hz

Posted

Box Build

14051622_1196075563768784_79339934387693

14088476_1196075497102124_73811583022270

14080034_1196075433768797_29757265720959

14054196_1196169213759419_70838668865492

14100454_1196901420352865_69560205194412

14079938_1197071867002487_41596513210063

14045620_1197093997000274_59647433234126

14045781_1197071883669152_27427971344134

Resized_20160828_000107_zps9jcoxkma.jpg

Resized_20160828_000315_zps1hr4emtp.jpg

Resized_20160828_002340_zpsz6orzku6.jpg

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998

JBL GTO608C Components

JBL GTO628 Coaxials

JBL P1224 12" dual 4ohm Subwoofers

Alpine MRV-F545 - Alpine MRX M100

Hand Built by Me 5.9cu.ft. slot ported enclosure tuned to 27hz

Posted

Are those 15" GTI's ? When you stated it was a personal build, no comps, no spl, I was not guessing 2 subs like that !

Tuned in for more.

I love JBL !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers :  Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

 

Posted

No, not GTi 15's,they are P1224 Power 12's. Just waiting on paychecks and I will be doing the headliner with sound deadening and also door panels. Those 12's hit hard with the limited power they are getting. They are dual 4ohm voice coils wired to 8ohms then wired together to show the Alpine 4ohms mono. It's a great amp but does not do 1ohm. The Alpine amps are temporary. I haven't decided fully on what amps will replace them but they will be a matched set. RF, SoundStream, if I can find them again, the JBL Crown series sub amp and matching mid high amp, or possibly the CT sounds AT Amps.. I like the 12v rating for power.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998

JBL GTO608C Components

JBL GTO628 Coaxials

JBL P1224 12" dual 4ohm Subwoofers

Alpine MRV-F545 - Alpine MRX M100

Hand Built by Me 5.9cu.ft. slot ported enclosure tuned to 27hz

Posted

No, not GTi 15's,they are P1224 Power 12's. Just waiting on paychecks and I will be doing the headliner with sound deadening and also door panels. Those 12's hit hard with the limited power they are getting. They are dual 4ohm voice coils wired to 8ohms then wired together to show the Alpine 4ohms mono. It's a great amp but does not do 1ohm. The Alpine amps are temporary. I haven't decided fully on what amps will replace them but they will be a matched set. RF, SoundStream, if I can find them again, the JBL Crown series sub amp and matching mid high amp, or possibly the CT sounds AT Amps.. I like the 12v rating for power.

JBL Crown series amps are hard to find. They are old, but they were the sh...back in the days. My installer is so sad because he has some problem with his JBL Crown on his mids : and he knows he won't be able to find another one. We already looked for one, and ended getting a GTO instead !

I'm not a fan of CT/AT or Soundstream, but to each is own !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers :  Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

 

Posted

Glad to finally see someone else running these subs. I've had them for over 3 years now, and won't trade them for squat. I have the P1222's. How are they liking that

sized enclosure and the tuning? Been thinking about making a lower-tuned box. I'm currently tuned to 33 hz.

5b040b40-2648-4fcb-a73d-d280e83c399e_zps

1997 Ford Explorer
Head Unit: Pioneer AVH4400BH Double Din
Avic-U260 Navigation Unit

Doors:
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Front
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Rear
4x McLaren MLT-2 tweeters

Amps:

Audiopipe APDL20001D- Bass

Audiopipe APCL-6002 Mids

Audiopipe APCL 1004- Highs


Sub Stage:
2x JBL P1222 dual 2 ohm coils

Electrical:
Mechman 270 Ho alt
XS Power D3400-Up Front

2x XS Power D1200- Rear

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192815-finally-built-my-4th-order/

Posted

Glad to finally see someone else running these subs. I've had them for over 3 years now, and won't trade them for squat. I have the P1222's. How are they liking that

sized enclosure and the tuning? Been thinking about making a lower-tuned box. I'm currently tuned to 33 hz.

Sorry for the delayed response. They seem to be doing very well actually. Just when you think they are going to roll off and get quiet (below 35ish HZ) they explode with more bass. Kinda made me go wow, they never did that before lol. They are damn cool subs for sure.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998

JBL GTO608C Components

JBL GTO628 Coaxials

JBL P1224 12" dual 4ohm Subwoofers

Alpine MRV-F545 - Alpine MRX M100

Hand Built by Me 5.9cu.ft. slot ported enclosure tuned to 27hz

Posted

Ok, I said screw it and started mocking up the door panels. The Soundstreams are just for placement ideas. I may still move the mid forward to the right as I have PLENTY of room on this panel. I could still do two component sets on these panels for sure. What are your thoughts?

IMG_20160909_190551002_zpsaxweavhi.jpg

IMG_20160909_190901078_zpskwqw1pqm.jpg

IMG_20160909_191039840_zpsx04e4qzy.jpg

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998

JBL GTO608C Components

JBL GTO628 Coaxials

JBL P1224 12" dual 4ohm Subwoofers

Alpine MRV-F545 - Alpine MRX M100

Hand Built by Me 5.9cu.ft. slot ported enclosure tuned to 27hz

Posted

Second thought... Should I just do a fiberglass mold of the area instead of the 1/4" wood panel as the base? I could certainly put little 1/4" square wood strips in the mold for additional strength. I know I could get closer to the edges of area I want the panel pods... Man, I just don't want to F this up.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998

JBL GTO608C Components

JBL GTO628 Coaxials

JBL P1224 12" dual 4ohm Subwoofers

Alpine MRV-F545 - Alpine MRX M100

Hand Built by Me 5.9cu.ft. slot ported enclosure tuned to 27hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1422 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...