Clipping Leds

so to procrastinate my work, I was drooling over pics of the Colossus and noticed it has LEDs mounted to the side similar to the green power LED but they are for clipping. Next to it, it says red-clip, amber-near clip, green-pre-clip. I thought this was a good idea but you think it would be possible to just tap this LED and run another one up front? I know you can pick up a tri color LED for a couple bucks, but would it disturb the information going to the LED?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

whos got two thumbs and just noticed the bass knob comes with it? this guy. So lets switch over to a little less obvious (to me) question....why doesnt the colossus come with a fuse?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I was going to say, I thought the remote bass had the clipping lights in it. heh.

Most bigger amps (2000watts plus) dont run internal fusing (with exceptions to a few companies like rf).

I do not know the answer why they do not run fuses, but that does not mean that the amp doesnt need to be fused.

I do know that fuses cause resistance in your power wire, Id guess that some manufactures will leave it up to the installer to properly fuse the amp, however if the amp is being used for a strictly SPL setup, you will not find any fusing throughout the vehicle since it restricts power input.

Im guessing that the colossus should be fused at 300 amps or there abouts, the manual should say the proper fuse ratings.

ah thanks for that info. Im gonna be running competition with it, but theres no way Im not gonna fuse it. Dont want any fires startin in my daily.

yeah I think I will. I might get a little titan for a couple 8s in the cabin so I dont have to run the big 15s all the time and save them for competition/demos.

Archived