Jump to content

The wife said "Get what you want, but get good stuff!"


PinkFreud65

Recommended Posts

Posted

So, I need to get a good set of doors and tweeters. just for the front, I'm not fucking with second stage, no one ever sits back there lol.

So, I'd like to keep it cheap (under $250) I will be running it off a head unit until I get an amp for the mids and highs. I have an 06 mazda 3 sedan. I've heard good things about Image Dynamics, but I'm open to whatever will be my best fit. I believe I need 6.5s

So, hit me up and ask questions, give me tips, or links, whatever! :)

Posted

I've seen those. I've heard good things. I'm just wondering how they are sound wise. I'm not wanting a "pro audio/PA system" sound lol. It wouldn't hurt to be able to be heard down the block other than bass, but I just want to make sure there is a good sound mix with the bass. I've never run a system with BOTH powered mids and highs AND bass. I've always had one or the other. so I'm interested to hear it both ways.

Posted

Just make sure you do some door prep and they'll be amazing for the cost, they have some serious bass when doors are treated properly and can play pretty low, but i really recommend having a sub as the surround is the achilles heel and can tear if you play them full range.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

The CTSounds 125.2 is on close out for $99.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

Deadening, and closed cell foam to prevent the back wave from interfering with the front wave.

Do you mean putting the foam rings around the front and back of the speaker?

Posted

Luxury liner from second skin or you can use some Volara foam from a local shop or ebay that performs the same function.

Some people use MLV as another way to sound proof the doors.

MLV = mass loaded vinyl

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1154 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...