Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Suggestions on 8" subwoofers for underseat Ridgeline


Brandon Etsinger

Recommended Posts

Posted

I just got my truck and I can't fit any decent 12's under the seat so I've decided to go with some 8's. I have about 1 cube per sub under the seats to play with so i can pretty much get any 8" subwoofer id like. I just have not heard very many subs here in Hawaii. Most trucks have 12's or 15's here. Listing a few things to help out the discussion/suggestions, and a few subs that I like based on build and reputation quality. Id like it to sound "fleshy" and tight at all frequencies and levels.

-My music types that i listen to:

Top 40

EDM (not so much, from time to time)

Occasional bass cd

Rap-Hip/hop

Decaf

-I'll be running an upgraded alternator, no additional batteries, so wattage will be limited to 2k for the highs/lows.

-I'll be building the box to spec, box will be ported, firing forward which is why I'm limited to 8" subs

-Subwoofers I've been looking at:

Dc Audio M38

Sundown X-8

Sundown SA-8v3

Skar ZVX-8

AB VFL-8D

****update original post**** under seat there is 2.6 cubic feet of space.

****update original post**** $800 for the subs wouldn't be far fetched for me

thanks for your time and suggestions... yes i did use the search

Posted

The price range of the subs you are interested are all over the place lol.

If your wanting to stay lower on the budget range and still have a good woofer, i would suggest the SA-8v3... the SA-8's have been proven to play well. As long as the box is built right, (2) SA-8v3 under your seat will satisfy you IMO... but everyones "listening goals" are different.

Posted

If your doing underseat subs and port forward do 4. Any of those 8s will do fine.

Posted

Ive had good experiences with the dc and sundown 8's. My personal favorite is the dd 1508, but any of those you mentioned should be fine.

TeamDeadlyHertz-bman8891.png

Posted

If your doing underseat subs and port forward do 4. Any of those 8s will do fine.

I only have about 1 cubic foot per sub... under seat i only have 2.6 cubic feet of space. thank you for the input!

Posted

The price range of the subs you are interested are all over the place lol.

If your wanting to stay lower on the budget range and still have a good woofer, i would suggest the SA-8v3... the SA-8's have been proven to play well. As long as the box is built right, (2) SA-8v3 under your seat will satisfy you IMO... but everyones "listening goals" are different.

id like it to be able to play low 28hz-30hz and not feel like the subs cut out. as for price point I'm limiting my system to $2500. i'll be doing all the installation

Posted

Ive had good experiences with the dc and sundown 8's. My personal favorite is the dd 1508, but any of those you mentioned should be fine.

whats up with the DD? i have a dealer here locally. versus the dc/sundown why would you have chosen the DD overall?

Posted

The dd's have great response and have a tight sound very crisp sq and can get incredibly loud in the right box. That being said if you're looking for a sub that gets down at 28 Hz maybe consider the dc. When I started listening to decaf is when I switched from dd to dc.

TeamDeadlyHertz-bman8891.png

Posted

The price range of the subs you are interested are all over the place lol.

If your wanting to stay lower on the budget range and still have a good woofer, i would suggest the SA-8v3... the SA-8's have been proven to play well. As long as the box is built right, (2) SA-8v3 under your seat will satisfy you IMO... but everyones "listening goals" are different.

id like it to be able to play low 28hz-30hz and not feel like the subs cut out. as for price point I'm limiting my system to $2500. i'll be doing all the installation

Sa-8's will play down to 28-30hz

It might help you to read some build logs with the SA-8's and watch some youtube videos.. plenty of people rocking the SA-8 so you shouldnt have much issue finding content.. or do the same with the other subs you mentioned, there are many options, you just need to make an informed decision on what works best for you :)

Posted

DD makes great subs there prices are just alittle high but u will not be disappointed great quality .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9154 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...