Sonic Electronix

Impedance rise, not your typical question

Quad coil didn't matter because all coils inside same sub. 4 svc dosent matter 3 coils always outside any sub. 2 dvc parallel coils inside a driver has less inductance than series coils inside same driver. Total inductance would be the same for 2 dvc wired either way. Inductance inside each driver would be different each way.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Quad coil didn't matter because all coils inside same sub. 4 svc dosent matter 3 coils always outside any sub. 2 dvc parallel coils inside a driver has less inductance than series coils inside same driver. Total inductance would be the same for 2 dvc wired either way. Inductance inside each driver would be different each way.

I guess you missed the quote about the changes in wiring being complimentary and canceling each other out. If that wasn't the case you'd need to redesign the a box if you swapped from coils in series to parallel.

A DVC/QVC sub has the same TS specs no matter how you wire the coils. That's established fact. The question of this thread is if there is a difference between the different ways of wiring 2 DVC subs. I maintain there isn't.

As you said it doesn't matter for 4 SVC subs, nor for 1 QVC sub. Same goes for 2 DVC subs, there is nothing which makes it special in any way.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

One way the circuit is a voltage divider. The other way it is a current divider. It really has nothing to do with heat. The ts dosent change. Ok. The impedance changes. Impedance is the result of voltage phase vs current phase. When they are in phase, impedance is low. Out of phase impedance is high.the impedance is also changed by the amount of inductance in the load vs the voltage and vs the capacitance in the output of the amp.

Pioneer 80PRS

One way the circuit is a voltage divider. The other way it is a current divider. It really has nothing to do with heat. The ts dosent change. Ok. The impedance changes. Impedance is the result of voltage phase vs current phase. When they are in phase, impedance is low. Out of phase impedance is high.the impedance is also changed by the amount of inductance in the load vs the voltage and vs the capacitance in the output of the amp.

Once again, we are referring to using 2 DVC subs. No matter which way you wire it it's both a voltage and current divider at that same time. 2 coils in parallel, 2 coils in series. The amp doesn't know or care which way you wire those 4 coils, it sees 1ohm either way, with the same inductance, back EMF etc.

In both situations you have the same impedance, the same amount of windings in the same gap length with the same strength magnets, same amount of cone mass and cone area reacting with the same air in the same box.

A DVC/QVC sub is just a SVC sub with wiring choices for convenience. And with 2 DVC subs, the same applies.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

The difference is the way that the LC circuit is configured as a load.

Pioneer 80PRS

It cannot be voltage divider and current divider at the same time.

Pioneer 80PRS

It cannot be voltage divider and current divider at the same time.

Let me give you an analogy.

If you multiply 3 times 4 and then divide by 6 you get 2.

However if you divide 3 by 6 and then multiply by 4, what do you get? You still get 2. Same thing happening here.

You have a set of coils wired as a voltage divider and a set wired as a current divider, doesn't matter which comes first the result is the same.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

like triticum said. Back in tech school we had to calculate voltage and current in parallel-series circuits. I don't really see this as any different.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

The total inductance of the individual driver is different depending on how the coils are hooked. The voltage vs current is also different. I will dig out my text book this weekend when I get home to see if I can find a better way to explain it.

Pioneer 80PRS

The total inductance of the individual driver is different depending on how the coils are hooked. The voltage vs current is also different. I will dig out my text book this weekend when I get home to see if I can find a better way to explain it.

Which doesn't matter, because it doesn't change the drivers parameters due to other changes cancelling it out, and with a second sub it takes you right back to the same inductance.

Archived