Fiberglassing a pillars question

Tahoe Dmo

Here is the link to mine, didn't fiberglass it like billz did his, I just laid out how I wanted it to look then wrapped it and glassed it, didn't need too much filler because how I laid the glass...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-7

Sweet pods

Hopefully this image works. Here's where I'm at right now.

20160920_074749_zpss9rpzq8j.jpg

Chevy truck did you do any test fitting of these to be sure they fit ?

Oh yeah. Absolutely. I tested them like 8 times. Luckily they fit finally. It was tough.

No problem man. Be sure to come back with updates!

I absolutely will. I'll be working on these every day after work, so I'll have continued progress. I guess today's job will be sanding....yay! Haha. Pray for me, guys! Lol

I absolutely will. I'll be working on these every day after work, so I'll have continued progress. I guess today's job will be sanding....yay! Haha. Pray for me, guys! Lol

lol i know how that is. Set a goal so you can at least lay another layer of mat and resin tonight so in case the batch is too cold it will have all day tomorrow to set up

lol i know how that is. Set a goal so you can at least lay another layer of mat and resin tonight so in case the batch is too cold it will have all day tomorrow to set up

Very good point. I'm done with sanding now, thankfully. I'll post a pic. Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to throw another layer of mat on today though. It's already getting dark on me. I'll throw it on tomorrow.

looks good man! How did you make the wooden ring?

I cheated. Shhhh! Don't tell anybody! Lol. I bought them from Meade. You can get them on wccaraudio.com. They're relatively cheap too. Beats me trying to make them myself. Haha.

Archived