PinkFreud65 Posted September 18, 2016 Report Posted September 18, 2016 I'm quite interested in getting a set of JBL P660c speakers, however I am not sure how much amp I really need/channels etc. If anyone can shed some light on this for me and maybe recommend some amps that will fit my needs? I don't want an amp that is like 2x more than those speakers need. just something decently priced and good quality. Thanks!
MrSkippyJ Posted September 18, 2016 Report Posted September 18, 2016 i would look for a 2 channel amp that puts out 80-100 watts rms per channel. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Skullz Posted September 18, 2016 Report Posted September 18, 2016 150w ch will do them perfectly. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
PinkFreud65 Posted September 18, 2016 Author Report Posted September 18, 2016 Any recommendations for a specific amp? I'm looking for some now.
Skullz Posted September 18, 2016 Report Posted September 18, 2016 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38336_Precision-Power-PPI-P600.2.html Those things can take some power. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
PinkFreud65 Posted September 18, 2016 Author Report Posted September 18, 2016 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38336_Precision-Power-PPI-P600.2.html Those things can take some power. Holy power Batman!!! So...those JBL speakers can handle more than their rated rms?
Skullz Posted September 18, 2016 Report Posted September 18, 2016 I used an older PPI PC2150 on mine which is pretty close to 250w ch @2ohms, so yeah, they can take that power. Just don't go crazy on the gain and they'll be perfectly fine. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
bassl0va Posted September 19, 2016 Report Posted September 19, 2016 I used an older PPI PC2150 on mine which is pretty close to 250w ch @2ohms, so yeah, they can take that power. Just don't go crazy on the gain and they'll be perfectly fine. In other words, they can't take that much power My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
PinkFreud65 Posted September 19, 2016 Author Report Posted September 19, 2016 I used an older PPI PC2150 on mine which is pretty close to 250w ch @2ohms, so yeah, they can take that power. Just don't go crazy on the gain and they'll be perfectly fine. In other words, they can't take that much power Haha. yeah, that's kinda what I thought. but, either way, that amp is cheap enough and if I ever get doors that CAN handle that power, it's there to tap into.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.