Power wiring question

If I run 1/0 back to a distribution block do I fuse the run at the battery , after the distribution block to each of the three amps , or both ?

Second question.

Will a single run of 1/0 support

A p1000bd, p1000x2 a/b,p300x2 a/b

1/0 to the block , 4 gauge to each amp?

Thank you gentlemen. I'm about to really upgrade my setup , and I don't want a car-b-q .

So the fuse at the batt should be a little larger than the sum of the fuses in the amps correct? Then another in line fish for each amp close in rating as the internal fuse of each amp?

You fuse for the wire. So for 0g you use a 350A or less. And for 4g probably around 100A or so.

For amps that don't have fuses built in you should use whatever the manufacturer recommends. If you have a run of 4g coming off a buss bar going straight to an amp that recommends a 70A fuse, just that will suffice since it will protect both the wire and the amp.
If you add a second battery in the back remember to fuse at that one too.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

• 1 month later...

So I'm adding another p1000x1 . So I'll have 2 p1000x1 running at 1 ohm .

I'll have a p1000x2 ab running at 4 ohm so it's rms 300 x2.

Then I'll have a p300x 2 ab running 4ohm so it's rms will be 100x2

Am I still safe with a single run to the distribution block with a 350 amp fuse 0ga wire ? The distribution block is fused for each of the amps . 4 gauge from the distribution to each amp .

If I need to run another lenght of 0 GA wire , can I use a adapter to fit two runs into a single 0 GA input? Should each wire have a 350 amp fuse ?

Make sense? Lol

Archived