NVX, XS, Mechman, and Skyhigh trailblazer

i finally got around to getting my audio installed (most of it) i have had the wire since February of this year and the audio equipment since June i believe

set-up is as follows;

NVX JAD800.4

NVX V-series 6.5's (coax in the rear component in the front)

mechman 240a alt

2 runs of 1/0 SHCA (1 neg 1 pos)

NVX JAD1200.1 (X2)

NVX vcw122 (X2)

XS Power D3400

XS Power XP750

pioneer 3800u head unit i believe

wiring by rear battery is not finished (is now but not pictured)

'BIG 3' not finished (is now but not pictured)

box needs built

tape on the rear batt is temporary untile i get my box in (removed and made look better)

tape on the fuse holder is temporary until i get more ring terminals to make a proper cable so the cover will fit (done but not pictured)

11618_zps12dbgwxo.jpeg

15501_zpsg0dnqoh4.jpeg

9259_zpsipysasw5.jpeg

IMG_20160926_182351360_zpsqy7psegg.jpg

IMG_20160926_182601567_zpshztow7xt.jpg

11591_zps4kon6kjg.jpeg

Thanks to:

sonic electronics (the "name your deal" deal saved me a bunch)

my uncle who got my into car audio at a young age (I still havent lived down calling his car the boom boom car)

mark from C.A.F. (the sketch-up tutorial helped a bunch)

everyone on the forum that helped me with the planning

and a huge thanks to steve (without his videos and his forum i would likely have payed someone to do the work for me or made alot of (probably costly) mistakes

additional notes:

i need to take the empty air fresheners out i put new ones in before the old ones where empty

• 2 months later...

got the box built and bolted down subs in and sounding good tuned up with a DD-1

IMG_20161205_143952337_zpsz4aokgzg.jpg

IMG_20161115_132720995_zpsyzen5xyx.jpg

originally i was gona use the outer holes on the "L" straps but it didnt give me enough room behind the box just need to trim the extra off

only thing left is to paint the box gona use sound dampening spray (more for the durable finish than any deadening)

just realised i still havent pulled out the air fresheners lol they are all prolly empty now

Solid equipment lineup.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Werd. How's it sound!? Ya happy I hope??!!

Sounds pretty good buy kinda weak I'm investigating a (what I hope to be) a tinsel slap problem so my amps are only at about half power

But.....

I'm already considering a upgrade and I hasn't been installed for a month yet lol

• 4 weeks later...

It looks great so far.  The only thing I would be nervous about is the amps and fuses all being bolted straight on to FLAMMABLE fabric.  It might be better to get a 1/4" Plywood piece, paint it to match the cabinet, then bolt everything to that, and bolt the wood to the seat backs.

The bottom of those amps could get pretty hot, and shit happens.  I dunno might be a non issue, I just like to be safe.

11 hours ago, jimdog32526 said:

It looks great so far.  The only thing I would be nervous about is the amps and fuses all being bolted straight on to FLAMMABLE fabric.  It might be better to get a 1/4" Plywood piece, paint it to match the cabinet, then bolt everything to that, and bolt the wood to the seat backs.

The bottom of those amps could get pretty hot, and shit happens.  I dunno might be a non issue, I just like to be safe.

thanks for the heads up ill keep a eye on it 

Archived