Clownrock95 Posted September 27, 2016 Report Posted September 27, 2016 i finally got around to getting my audio installed (most of it) i have had the wire since February of this year and the audio equipment since June i believe set-up is as follows; NVX JAD800.4 NVX V-series 6.5's (coax in the rear component in the front) mechman 240a alt 2 runs of 1/0 SHCA (1 neg 1 pos) NVX JAD1200.1 (X2) NVX vcw122 (X2) XS Power D3400 XS Power XP750 pioneer 3800u head unit i believe wiring by rear battery is not finished (is now but not pictured) 'BIG 3' not finished (is now but not pictured) box needs built tape on the rear batt is temporary untile i get my box in (removed and made look better) tape on the fuse holder is temporary until i get more ring terminals to make a proper cable so the cover will fit (done but not pictured) Thanks to: sonic electronics (the "name your deal" deal saved me a bunch) my uncle who got my into car audio at a young age (I still havent lived down calling his car the boom boom car) mark from C.A.F. (the sketch-up tutorial helped a bunch) everyone on the forum that helped me with the planning and a huge thanks to steve (without his videos and his forum i would likely have payed someone to do the work for me or made alot of (probably costly) mistakes additional notes: i need to take the empty air fresheners out i put new ones in before the old ones where empty
Clownrock95 Posted December 5, 2016 Author Report Posted December 5, 2016 got the box built and bolted down subs in and sounding good tuned up with a DD-1 originally i was gona use the outer holes on the "L" straps but it didnt give me enough room behind the box just need to trim the extra off only thing left is to paint the box gona use sound dampening spray (more for the durable finish than any deadening) just realised i still havent pulled out the air fresheners lol they are all prolly empty now
kryptonite Posted December 8, 2016 Report Posted December 8, 2016 Solid equipment lineup. DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGERCurrently Own 4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option 2 - DC 5k lvl 4 motor lvl 2 motor On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said: this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.
Clownrock95 Posted December 8, 2016 Author Report Posted December 8, 2016 Solid equipment lineup. Thanks
Kyblack76 Posted December 8, 2016 Report Posted December 8, 2016 Werd. How's it sound!? Ya happy I hope??!! SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Clownrock95 Posted December 9, 2016 Author Report Posted December 9, 2016 Werd. How's it sound!? Ya happy I hope??!! Sounds pretty good buy kinda weak I'm investigating a (what I hope to be) a tinsel slap problem so my amps are only at about half power But..... I'm already considering a upgrade and I hasn't been installed for a month yet lol
jimdog32526 Posted January 5, 2017 Report Posted January 5, 2017 It looks great so far. The only thing I would be nervous about is the amps and fuses all being bolted straight on to FLAMMABLE fabric. It might be better to get a 1/4" Plywood piece, paint it to match the cabinet, then bolt everything to that, and bolt the wood to the seat backs. The bottom of those amps could get pretty hot, and shit happens. I dunno might be a non issue, I just like to be safe.
Ahmed Johnson Posted January 5, 2017 Report Posted January 5, 2017 That was a good idea to leave the cover off that extra dip in the trunk.
Clownrock95 Posted January 5, 2017 Author Report Posted January 5, 2017 11 hours ago, jimdog32526 said: It looks great so far. The only thing I would be nervous about is the amps and fuses all being bolted straight on to FLAMMABLE fabric. It might be better to get a 1/4" Plywood piece, paint it to match the cabinet, then bolt everything to that, and bolt the wood to the seat backs. The bottom of those amps could get pretty hot, and shit happens. I dunno might be a non issue, I just like to be safe. thanks for the heads up ill keep a eye on it
Clownrock95 Posted January 5, 2017 Author Report Posted January 5, 2017 10 hours ago, Ahmed Johnson said: That was a good idea to leave the cover off that extra dip in the trunk. Not to be rude but what?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.