Jump to content

NVX, XS, Mechman, and Skyhigh trailblazer


Recommended Posts

Posted
11 hours ago, jimdog32526 said:

It looks great so far.  The only thing I would be nervous about is the amps and fuses all being bolted straight on to FLAMMABLE fabric.  It might be better to get a 1/4" Plywood piece, paint it to match the cabinet, then bolt everything to that, and bolt the wood to the seat backs.

The bottom of those amps could get pretty hot, and shit happens.  I dunno might be a non issue, I just like to be safe.

(i couldn't find a edit post button so im just doing it this way)

 

after replying to your comment i got to thinking 

"carpet and wood are both flammable right? i wonder which is more flammable"

 

carpet ignites around 485-575C (melts 160-260C) (assumeing its nylon or polyester)  http://www.eco-terric.com/flammability-report.pdf (page 3 left column)

 

wood ignites 190-260C http://www.tcforensic.com.au/docs/article10.html (section 2.1.1)

 

i admit these pages are not the most reliable sources but they seem to agree with other pages 

Posted

Its unlikely either will occur.  I just prefer to mount things on something solid rather than to fabric.  You can use Plexiglass, or Marine Composite board, or Wood.  I use wood, but I paint it or coat it with bedliner to make it match the sub cabinet.  Makes it look better (IMO) and gives a more solid mounting surface and a neater installation.

Posted
On 12/5/2016 at 2:06 PM, Clownrock95 said:

got the box built and bolted down subs in and sounding good tuned up with a DD-1

IMG_20161205_143952337_zpsz4aokgzg.jpg

 

 

I'm not sure what this extra trunk space is called but when I had my trailblazer I left the cover on and couldn't use it anymore

Posted
10 hours ago, jimdog32526 said:

Its unlikely either will occur.  I just prefer to mount things on something solid rather than to fabric.  You can use Plexiglass, or Marine Composite board, or Wood.  I use wood, but I paint it or coat it with bedliner to make it match the sub cabinet.  Makes it look better (IMO) and gives a more solid mounting surface and a neater installation.

it's not mounted to fabric its mounted to the metal in the back of the seat 

Posted
9 hours ago, Ahmed Johnson said:

I'm not sure what this extra trunk space is called but when I had my trailblazer I left the cover on and couldn't use it anymore

ooooooohhhhhhh ok ya i wanted to leave it on but still needed to access it im thinking about makeing a cover for it or cutting the one i have to fit easier

Posted
31 minutes ago, Soundfreezer79 said:

That angle brace hovers menacingly above the exposed positive post/hot end.  Hope that doesn't become an issue; better strap that battery down...

Ya i know its really nerve racking hooking a jumper clamp on the top post bolt but thats why i have the duct tape under the bar

Posted
6 hours ago, Soundfreezer79 said:

Those dark blue cables look really sharp, BTW.

thanks though i wish they where just a little lighter so they would match my leds better (full dome light swap) but oh well no biggey

Posted

I'm a huge mark for nvx! My entire truck is nvx. I have a vcw  10, a jad 1200.1, nvx coax's and a 800.4. Love the sound. I need to post some kind of log

Sometimes, you get the Bear. Sometimes, the Bear gets you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1459 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...