DD-1 issue no 40hz detect

JerryLZ

I'll try to probe the Amp ground and switch the battery again. I did notice it works like shit if the low battery light comes on so I had switched it once right after checking my headunit but I'll pop a fresh one in for a little bit more testing tonight.

EDIT: That still gave me the same results. I hate my life

easy way to tell if your HU is filtering the 40hz signal or not.

1. with the HU turned off (don't want to blow that pico fuse) disconnect your RCAs from the sub-amp.
  2. connect RCAs to DD-1.
  3. turn on HU and DD-1
  4. Play 40hz track with HU at max clean volume
  5. Does the 40hz signal light up? if yes, your amp filters may be set incorrectly. if no, your HU filters are set incorrectly.
  6. turn HU and DD-1 off.
  7. return RCAs to amp
  8. report your findings back. please :)

1. with the HU turned off (don't want to blow that pico fuse) disconnect your RCAs from the sub-amp.
  2. connect RCAs to DD-1.
  3. turn on HU and DD-1
  5. Does the 40hz signal light up? if yes, your amp filters may be set incorrectly. if no, your HU filters are set incorrectly.
  6. turn HU and DD-1 off.
  7. return RCAs to amp

I did as you said and when I have a RCA plugged into the DD-1 It doesnt even detect a signal light (Headunit -> RCA -> DD-1). I don't see how my RCA's could be bad though because like I said the amp is in working condition. When I did this step with my other RCA's that go to my 4 channel amp it worked as intended so what do you think about that?

Your subsonic is set at 10hz/60hz? What does that mean?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I did as you said and when I have a RCA plugged into the DD-1 It doesnt even detect a signal light (Headunit -> RCA -> DD-1). I don't see how my RCA's could be bad though because like I said the amp is in working condition. When I did this step with my other RCA's that go to my 4 channel amp it worked as intended so what do you think about that?

Im assuming you do have your subwoofer level turn up all the way on the radio right?

That needs to be turned while everything else is flat.

By chance did you check the other channel of the rca when you did this?

I have seen Knukonceptz rca cables go bad, I even ordered a bunch of their Karma ones a long time ago and when I took them out the box for the first time the rca plug just fell off....

Another thing I was thinking about is your decks rca output voltage of 2 volts.

I think Pioneer is one of the many companies that rates the rca output voltage in a shady manor on the lower end models.

Typically when you have 2volt rca preouts you would get 2 volts from each channel (left and right) for a combine total of 4volts.

Instead on the lower priced products they are still listing them as 2volts, but your only getting 1volt per channel for a combined total of 2volts.

I know another member here did have a problem with this when I brought it up.

Now possibly what could be happening from this is that the DD-1 is not able to trigger because it requires 750mv (.75 volts) to trigger the light.

If your radio is only putting out 1volt per channel, and your rca cables are either damaged, or have a crazy high resistance.

So by the time the signal makes though the 17ish foot rca cable the signal is so poorly degraded.

If you have a digital multimeter you can test the output voltage, just be carefull to not ground out the rca cables while doing so resulting in blowing your pico fuse.

If you have an SMD IMSG you could test the rca cables resistance at any specific frequencies as well, but you would have to pull out the radio to gain access to both ends of the rca cable.

2. connect RCAs to DD-1.
  3. turn on HU and DD-1
  6. turn HU and DD-1 off.
  7. return RCAs to amp

That's correct 10 out of 60. And in reference to my last post I fucked up because I was rushing since I had to be somewhere and I didn't have my knob turned up. I just redid the test and I did get the 40hz light using track 1 or 3/5/7.

Good, that means the HU/RCAs are fine, leaving you with your amplifier as the problem. Make sure that the ISF/SSF is rotated completely counter clockwise, and the LPF is rotated completely clockwise, bassboost is off/counter clockwise, and your Gain is completely counter clockwise. Then try to set the gain again, turning the gain clockwise. Just to cover bases, because sometimes people get confused about which way to turn everything.

if you're still unable to receive a detect signal, i'd measure your speaker outputs with a DMM set to AC voltage, and make sure you're getting an output from the amp.

Archived