KiKaZz74 Posted September 30, 2016 Report Posted September 30, 2016 So last night on a midnight Craigslist trade I. Well my brother. Got an Alienware m14x from 2014. Intel i7 4700 8gb ram Nvidia 770m Windows 8 Well he was trying to reset it before we got it and it died. It is now stuck in preparing to auto repair. How can this be fixed? Don't have a CD and I'd honestly go up to Windows 10 on it. What is it worth also? Traded for a MSI 7870 GHz. Thermaltake 750w pSu a old TV monitor we had and $175 I feel like we came out way ahead still. My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
Quiet Posted September 30, 2016 Report Posted September 30, 2016 There are some tricks I could do if I had it on my bench at work. I'd pull the drive and extract the windows key, then do a fresh install. If you're willing to cough up a bill for windows 10, just do a fresh install. There is still a way to take advantage of the free upgrade to 10, Microsoft will let users who use accessibility features to upgrade for free. I think Brian knows about this (Audiofanaticz Mod) seems like a decent come up. Could use more ram. 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
KiKaZz74 Posted September 30, 2016 Author Report Posted September 30, 2016 Hmm. Pm me if u can or Brian pm me or get ahold of me on fb. Id like to hear about this windows 10 deal. I do have a Windows 7 disc I could try to revert to but idk if I have a key still. What would u do for upgrades? Ram, ssd? He lost out imo. He pulled specs for the base version. This isnt the base version by any means. My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
yurvalentine Posted October 1, 2016 Report Posted October 1, 2016 An SSD is probably going to be one of the only things that will make a noticeable difference. RAM I wouldn't worry about unless he starts to run out.
RainStryke Posted October 1, 2016 Report Posted October 1, 2016 I would snag up a Windows 10 key from eBay and download the ISO file off Microsofts website. Like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Window-s-10-Pro-32-64bit-Retail-edition-Professional-Code-Product-Key-/172359070039?hash=item282166b157:g:NxgAAOSwNRdX7kXa Here is the download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/ All you have to do is load it to a flash drive and load it onto the PC.
Noel989 Posted October 1, 2016 Report Posted October 1, 2016 I have been getting the auto repair on my laptop I would shut it turn it back on press f8, I think, go on the option that said turn of pc might fix the problem or restart Theirs also the option to plug a usb or cd reinstall windows I would go through that cycle 2-3 time before it finally started Then last week I got a new battery because I was getting a bad battery error and ever since I replace the battery I haven't had the preparing auto repair Tune in for future reference Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
KiKaZz74 Posted October 2, 2016 Author Report Posted October 2, 2016 I tried loading in my windows 7 disk and I got a code saying drivers not detected. Please insert a CD/DVD with the drivers. But doesn't say which drivers. Looking it up alot people have this problem. My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.