Sonic Electronix

Setup advice about amplifier and processor

Hi!

I have an bmw e61 530d that have 8" shallow subs under the front seats and an 4" mid and tweeter in the front door, and in the rear roof space for 2 4" mids and 2 tweeters.

How would you guys do the setup.

Im going more towards sq then strait out spl. Building a box with 4 8" subs so dont want the mids and high to drown out.

Can go a million different directions. You going to be using any of the original equipment? if you are ripping everything out then i would start with a good front stage and deadening in the doors. Since you are looking for SQ are you going sealed on the 8's? are you set on 8's? what is your budget? do you want speakers in the rear? SQ builds generally do not have rear speakers so they can get proper staging/ imaging.

For me a simple SQ build would be a badass set of comps in front with doors completely deadened, a 12" sealed in the back with a good headunit and quality amp(s).

Deadening is already planned. And i do think i want rear speakers so the subs dont drown out the music for the people in the backseat.

I am going 4 ct strato 8" in a ported box.

And as in more towards sq i ment i dont want high db rather a clean sound.

I am trying to make my mind up about if im going for a pure dsp and seperate ampsor maybe try one off mosconi's amp with builtin dsp.

http://mosconi-system.it/product/gladen-one-60-8-dsp/

Then i have good power for front and rear speakers and have 2 channels with 100rms for each 8" in the floor.

rear speakers will muck up the soundstage. If you are truly going for SQ the sub won't drown anything out because it'll be matched to a sensible level with the rest of the system.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Archived