Question about a circuit

You should be able to put a high value resistor in series with it. Like a 10k ohm. A pot would work if set up as a voltage divider but is not necessary to light the led.
If you wanted exactly 1.5v then the pot as a voltage divider would do it.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I think the problem is that a diode doesn't act like a resistor (probably when it's first powered on) potentially giving you trouble.

Can you simply series 3 or 4 of the LEDs so that you drop 1.4-1.6V at each? Also typical flashlight batteries are 1.5V so perhaps something designed to work around a rechargeable AA battery (or replace it's voltage from another source) would help you get there?

I'd begin searching at projects that can be done around that type of battery. IDK if they still even make disposable cameras but those used to be a cheap source of parts for some projects.

It's been a long time out of school for me but IIRC a transformer needs to use AC so if you want to step up or down you need to turn your input into AC, run it through a transformer, then rectify back to DC. Might begin getting more complex than just cannibalizing something that exists for another purpose.

You should be able to put a high value resistor in series with it. Like a 10k ohm. A pot would work if set up as a voltage divider but is not necessary to light the led.

If you wanted exactly 1.5v then the pot as a voltage divider would do it.

I don't need exactly 1.5v. Can be between 1.45-1.65v. I looked at using a voltage divider. What kind of pot would I need?

I think the problem is that a diode doesn't act like a resistor (probably when it's first powered on) potentially giving you trouble.

Can you simply series 3 or 4 of the LEDs so that you drop 1.4-1.6V at each? Also typical flashlight batteries are 1.5V so perhaps something designed to work around a rechargeable AA battery (or replace it's voltage from another source) would help you get there?

I'd begin searching at projects that can be done around that type of battery. IDK if they still even make disposable cameras but those used to be a cheap source of parts for some projects.

It's been a long time out of school for me but IIRC a transformer needs to use AC so if you want to step up or down you need to turn your input into AC, run it through a transformer, then rectify back to DC. Might begin getting more complex than just cannibalizing something that exists for another purpose.

I can't use more than one LED and I really want to stay away from using an external power source such as a battery. I really need to be able to tap straight from the USB.

look closer it goes to 1.5v, the description is wrong, regardless these things are super common and can be picked up cheap and can go down to 1.5v. they also have severaltypes of adapter or you can just cut the wire. They even have a polarity switch.

So it should be a solution.

Archived