Dual Battery Setup Question

For the power you are running, grounding to the unibody would be fine. If you get to the point where you have multiple 1/0 runs for positive then you should consider a ground run. I love those cars. My mom had a 70 with a 400 in it when I was a kid. lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I always prefer a negative run to the front battery in a unibody vehicle,

The path the electricity has to take through the chassis on a unibody vehicle is less than ideal.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Maybe you could install with unibody ground and get the system up and running. Then add ground run to see if it makes a difference.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Maybe you could install with unibody ground and get the system up and running. Then add ground run to see if it makes a difference.

I always prefer a negative run to the front battery in a unibody vehicle,

The path the electricity has to take through the chassis on a unibody vehicle is less than ideal.

For the power you are running, grounding to the unibody would be fine. If you get to the point where you have multiple 1/0 runs for positive then you should consider a ground run. I love those cars. My mom had a 70 with a 400 in it when I was a kid. lol

Thanks for the info guys...I think the best bet would be hooking the 975 to the 3400 - to - at first i really didn't wanna but after putting it out there and getting the feedback i realize it'd be the smart and best thing to do. Thanks for all your feedback and help..

• 2 weeks later...

What type of vehicle?

Its a 1978 Grand Prix...G-Body...its a Uni-body so If i believe right connecting to the frame wont work...SOo - to - might be a must for best ground?

The G bodies were all full frame cars. You can run your ground wires thru a hole in the trunk and connect directly to the frame in the rear.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT

2 Precision Power 12's Power Class

2 Precision Power Phantom P1000.1

Rockford Fosgate Prime 600-4D

4 Lanzar 6.5 components

2 Pyle 8's

Audio Control LC2i

Stock headunit

• 2 weeks later...

that would be correct about the g body being a full frame car.. uni-body cars have the frame built into the body as full frame cars have the body lowered onto the frame. think frame off restoration. you have thee body then you have the frame with the wheels on it. ground the frame , the body then the engine to the body and you should be ok. lots of folks forget to ground the engine . -85 monte carlo ss -

if my ears dont buzz. you need more ..

Archived