Solderless connection/connectors=SQ?

06RTCharger

Im lost as fuck.

Are you worried about wiring the deck speaker out puts to drivers? Nothing says PURE SQ like using deck power.

If your tripping on feeding the deck with HOT, TURN ON, and GROUND. ... well what the hell does that have to do with anything SQ wise.... or anything else for that matter???

Im lost as hell, like i am on most of your posts.

Lol i know what u mean, i get lost amongst my questions also. Basically the question came about from reading my p99rs warning sheet that came with it. Now im asking does a perfect soldered connection degrade the signal more then a perfect crimped connection. When both techniques are applied PERFECTLY which one wins for signal retention?? NOT Asking which technigue yelds better holding strength. Thats basically all im wondering here.

How about this.

Purchase a few feet of pure OFC copper wire the thickness of your headunit wires and cut it into four pieces. Crimp two of them together using the copper sleeve you like from Lowes. Then properly solder the other two wires together using good electrical solder. Test them yourself and see if you can measure any difference in resistance. That way you can find out the truth for yourself so you can move on to the next step.

I wouldve already done that if i had the tools lol

Better not use speakers that solder the tinsel wires to the lead-out wires of the voice coil and that also solder the other side of the tinsel wires to the terminals because that is not SQ.

Oh wait, I guess you wont be running any speakers in your SQ install then since EVERY speaker is made this way... LOL

Ha...ha like i told brokeaudio, i know other applications use solder and need it, cant really go a crimp a wire to a circuit board. Or in ur example, cant go and crimp tinsels to terminals. Anyways im not even needing to do that kinna work like circuit boards and tinsels and what ever else examples yall have. BUT i am needing to connect one copper wire to another copper wire and trying to understand what is the best signal retaining method for that. Also i wasnt saying what is sq, im asking, didnt u see the "?" In the title of this post? Lol

Lineman splice..

http://www.howtogeek.com/107238/how-to-splice-wires-to-nasas-standards/

If its good enough for Nasa, its more than adequate for your car stereo...

Its all I ever do when I solder small gauge wires, but I will admit I never pre-tin the wires because it makes it a pita to twist the wires tightly once tinned.

After all its not like we are soldering tiny gauge wires like phone lines which it was created for which are easily able to be twisted once tinned.

Besides solder always flows there anyways.

Couldnt find the solder connection info but i looked/ read thru all that crimping info on that link, thanks

Those are what I did for my camera project minus the solder. Worked just fine for me (besides my data being wonk at first).

In your case you where using USB cables iirc, you may of had a shield coating over the wires which prevent the wires from shorting out with other wires.

If you ever try to splice most headphone wires a lot of them have this same crap on the wires, so you got to heat the wires up to melt that special coating.

Could of been part of your problem, maybe not.

Ha...ha like i told brokeaudio, i know other applications use solder and need it, cant really go a crimp a wire to a circuit board. Or in ur example, cant go and crimp tinsels to terminals. Anyways im not even needing to do that kinna work like circuit boards and tinsels and what ever else examples yall have. BUT i am needing to connect one copper wire to another copper wire and trying to understand what is the best signal retaining method for that. Also i wasnt saying what is sq, im asking, didnt u see the "?" In the title of this post? Lol

Yes, I seen the question, but at the end of the day either method will work fine as multiple people said.

Solder and heatshrink will be a stronger connection and out last most crimped wires (even if dielectric grease filled butt connectors are used) because soldering is a stronger bond and the wire will break long before the solder joint if done correct. This is why NASA uses it.

Not to mention crimped wires like to fray and break if moved around too much due to the wire strands getting deformed when crimped.

Besides your not transferring "signal" as you say, you are transferring power (voltage and amperage).

Even if it was a signal wire you would be fine because most of the decent rca cables made are soldered connections on each end.

You are making something out of nothing, literately.

You are talking differences between these 2 methods that you will never able to tell the difference of audibly or visually if you where to monitor the voltage/current.

You would need some high end test equipment in a controlled lab, and even then the difference would most likely be next to impossible to give a 100% yes/no either way due to the allowed tolerances of said test equipment.

Lineman splice..

http://www.howtogeek.com/107238/how-to-splice-wires-to-nasas-standards/

If its good enough for Nasa, its more than adequate for your car stereo...

Its all I ever do when I solder small gauge wires, but I will admit I never pre-tin the wires because it makes it a pita to twist the wires tightly once tinned.

After all its not like we are soldering tiny gauge wires like phone lines which it was created for which are easily able to be twisted once tinned.

Besides solder always flows there anyways.

Couldnt find the solder connection info but i looked/ read thru all that crimping info on that link, thanks

Are you blind? its above the link you clicked for the crimping info....

There is even a picture...

This thread is pointless.

Im locking it.

Archived