bzip2 Posted October 20, 2016 Report Posted October 20, 2016 Sup guys, I just got done wiring up my subs and when I checked the resistance with my DMM I noticed they stop at 3.5ohm. I did a quick google and I saw that this isn't necessarily bad, but I was wondering if I'd still be okay to wire them up to my amp. Amp: kicker cx 1200.1 | 1200 rms @ 2ohm | 600 rms @ 4ohm Subs: 2x kicker CompVR 4ohm DVC Wired: http://images.crutchfieldonline.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2DVC_4-ohm_2ch-br.jpg I appreciate any help.
Kyblack76 Posted October 20, 2016 Report Posted October 20, 2016 You may have resistance in your meter leads. Touch just those together, and see if it says .4 or so. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
dolarbilz Posted October 20, 2016 Report Posted October 20, 2016 According to kicker manual the RE is 3.5 so you are on point...let them Ripp (carefully)
bzip2 Posted October 20, 2016 Author Report Posted October 20, 2016 It's fine. wire away. Thanks bud, didn't tell me I was pretty though. You may have resistance in your meter leads. Touch just those together, and see if it says .4 or so. I'll give that a check too, thanks man. According to kicker manual the RE is 3.5 so you are on point...let them Ripp (carefully) Cool, thanks a lot dude
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.