prodigal_son Posted October 22, 2016 Report Posted October 22, 2016 I'm planning on running two subs on one mono amp at 1 ohm, so I planned to wire the 2 ohm subs in parallel but then have seen a couple of references to wiring dual 4 ohm subs to a 1 ohm load. Is that correct? How is that done? Is there an advantage? I haven't bought subs yet so looking to buy the best choice. Thanks!
SkarredSierra Posted October 22, 2016 Report Posted October 22, 2016 If you want 2 subs wired together for a 1 ohm load get dual 4 ohm subs. Try this site also. http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurationsm.asp It will help with ur wiring.
deathcards Posted October 22, 2016 Report Posted October 22, 2016 so like this? http://images.crutchfieldonline.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2-SVC-2-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg or are they dual 4 ohms like this http://images.crutchfieldonline.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2-DVC-4-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg 12volt is a good site as well skar sk2500.1 0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz alpine HUvxi65 components on BA gt-275new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821 2 x-15 sundowns singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps
prodigal_son Posted October 22, 2016 Author Report Posted October 22, 2016 so like this? http://images.crutchfieldonline.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2-SVC-2-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg or are they dual 4 ohms like this http://images.crutchfieldonline.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2-DVC-4-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg 12volt is a good site as well They are not DVC. I'm buying Sundown SA-12s so I can get whatever I want, 2 or 4 ohm. Thanks for the info.
prodigal_son Posted October 22, 2016 Author Report Posted October 22, 2016 If you want 2 subs wired together for a 1 ohm load get dual 4 ohm subs. Try this site also. http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurationsm.asp It will help with ur wiring. Unless I'm missing something, the 12 volt schematics don't show how to wire dual 4ohm SVC subs to 1 ohm. Insight please?
SkarredSierra Posted October 22, 2016 Report Posted October 22, 2016 U have to select the number of woofers and their impedence.
MrSkippyJ Posted October 22, 2016 Report Posted October 22, 2016 SA subs are DVC if I'm not missing what you are saying. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
prodigal_son Posted October 22, 2016 Author Report Posted October 22, 2016 SA subs are DVC if I'm not missing what you are saying. I think you nailed it MrSkippyJ. As I said, I don't have these subs yet and reading this page http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/subwoofers/sa-series doesn't say anything about DVCs, but then when I re-looked at the photo I noticed that indeed, there are terminals on both sides of the driver. My mistake, and my hat is off to everyone who replied and was too polite to tell me to get my head out of my ass, lol. Thanks everyone!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.