Static From Speakers after RCA Y-Splitter put in.

Check the ground to your HU and the amps.

Grounds are all solid as far as I can tell. DMM reading show a full 12.8V at each location with the car off, and 14.8V with the car on.

I'd double check them just to make sure. You're mention of the engine/alt noise makes me lean towards this being the culprit IE. you may have a ground loop issue.

You need a stronger pre out voltage from your head unit so you can turn your gain down and still have the same volume. Either get a head unit with higher pre out or a line driver.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Check the ground to your HU and the amps.

Grounds are all solid as far as I can tell. DMM reading show a full 12.8V at each location with the car off, and 14.8V with the car on.

I'd double check them just to make sure. You're mention of the engine/alt noise makes me lean towards this being the culprit IE. you may have a ground loop issue.

What should I be double checking for? Or how do I know if I have a ground loop?

just because you are using a smd dd-1 does not mean your gain is set correctly. it should never be maxxed out. that is improper gain setting at its finest. get a better radio with higher voltage pre-outs or multiple outputs.

It's the closest way to set gain other than an O-Scope, isn't it?
What are most of you guys running your amps at? I've always run my subwoofer amps maxed because that's how the bass knob clipping indicators and SMD DD-1 say to do it.

------------------------------

It looks like you guys are right about needing a new HU.

I went and put the gain on both amps to the lowest setting, and had absolutely no noise.

Turned the 4 channel to 70%, left the subwoofer amp low, no noise.

Turn the subwoofer amp to around 25% and started hearing it.

------------------------------

I wonder if I just never noticed it with the old setup, or if running in one amp and out the other alleviated the issue or something. Odd.

i have one of the better JVC arsenals and its nice but when you turn down the volume from high volume it bumps the volume up one notch real quick before going down. So i cant recommend them. Try Kenwood or Pioneer maybe.

i have one of the better JVC arsenals and its nice but when you turn down the volume from high volume it bumps the volume up one notch real quick before going down. So i cant recommend them. Try Kenwood or Pioneer maybe.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the JVC anyways. It just came in the car when I bought it.

just because you are using a smd dd-1 does not mean your gain is set correctly. it should never be maxxed out. that is improper gain setting at its finest. get a better radio with higher voltage pre-outs or multiple outputs.

If the input voltage is low enough it could absolutely be maxed out and properly set.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived