Sundown Audio

[Advice] Recommended Amp for Situation?

whazoo84

I'm about to do an install on my 2003 Buick Century. 3 AudioPipe TXX-BD3-15's in the trunk in a ported box.

I got the subs and the box at an incredibly low price, however I'm unsure as to what amp I want to use to power them.

I have a Powerbass ASA 1200.2X sitting around, used it on an older system and I love the thing, just looking for more power now.

I was thinking about getting a Hifonics Colossus 6.5K, or a SounStream 6000.1D (SS amps have good reviews as far as sound quality goes)

For the doors I was gonna use a Hifonics Brutus 1200.4X (CEA-2006'd for 150W per channel x 4).

I'm just troubled as far as to what to use for the subs, I want a decent ammount of power, while not buying a shit amp.

Any advice?

Thanks.

I have heard the hifonics have issues with going into protect and not coming out. Some models also will not do rated.

what is your budget?

Also I am surprised you have room in trunk for 3x15's!

I have heard the hifonics have issues with going into protect and not coming out. Some models also will not do rated.

what is your budget?

Also I am surprised you have room in trunk for 3x15's!

BARELY have room for 3 15's, but hey, I'm not complaining. I'll have about 6 inches of space before it hits the trunk line, so I'll secure it down so it doesn't.

Budget is around 700$ I'm comfortable with. Could go a little more.

I've heard great things about the SoundStream T1.6000DL. However, it's not cea-2006'd so I'm skeptical.

My advice,... Don't even worry about cea anything,..

Why not? CEA-2006 means you get the rated power out of the amp. I'd like to know what I'm getting out of it.

Also, I found out the SoundStream makes about half it's power at a 0.5 ohm load, not too bad, but I'd like a little more.

Why not? CEA-2006 means you get the rated power out of the amp. I'd like to know what I'm getting out of it.

Also, I found out the SoundStream makes about half it's power at a 0.5 ohm load, not too bad, but I'd like a little more.

Sorry yo, but, that rating means dick....

just curious what kind of electrical do you have

3 yellow optima batteries and stock alt on a crescendo encore 4.5k

I have two digital designs 12's wired at 2ohms and I never see lights dim or have any problems at all

Sorry yo, but, that rating means dick....

Huh, that's odd. I always stuck religiously to that.

What amp do you think would be good for this then? I'm not trying to buy a damn cheapo like pyle, I want a good amp. I wish Alpine made larger amplifiers and wasn't so expensive.

just curious what kind of electrical do you have

3 yellow optima batteries and stock alt on a crescendo encore 4.5k

I have two digital designs 12's wired at 2ohms and I never see lights dim or have any problems at all

That's not a bad amp, nor is it that expensive for what you get either.

How's it as far as sound quality goes?

Archived