Second Skin Audio

Using a hard material to seal hole in door or only use the deadener itself

I have seen people sealing the holes with abs plastic, metal and other materials to really seal the door. Is the necessary or could I just trust the actually deadener itself to seal it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-2004 Ford explorer

-Pioneer Deh-80prs HU

-4 Rockford Fosgate R1683

-2 Rockford Fosgate P1S4-12 wired to 2ohms

-1 Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1

-I know it's very basic...

I have seen people sealing the holes with abs plastic, metal and other materials to really seal the door. Is the necessary or could I just trust the actually deadener itself to seal it?

Every project is different and every installer has different goals. If you cover those holes you are essentially creating an enclosure for your door speakers, which will create more mid bass, but also can create too much pressure build up. I think most of the installers I have seen use the Luxury Liner Pro to seal the holes, as the person above says, if you use the butyl you'll have sticky butyl over the hole with nothing for it to stick to and it could get pushed around a bit by the air pressure and touch something you don't want it touching so be careful with that. Here is a good video of Mark from Car Audio Fabrication using this type of method. CAF Increase Mid Bass

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png