94 Suzuki Sidekick JLX (Daughters first vehicle, AGM & big 3 done)

Door bell rang, was FEDEX dropping off trans axles for Lancer and my toy poodles walk all over my laptop i left on the bed and screwed up my post. Yes i said Toy Poodles! lol

Another HU shot. And yes that is a Bass Boost knob. I don't mind boosting some music that lacks bass at lower level and was dd-1 properly so it doesn't distort.

IMG_2772_zpsaex4tket.jpg

Pic of RF Prime 250x4 under the seat with plenty of clearance. I like raising the amps up off the floor, good cooling and great wire management. I used the seat cross member support on the floor board to run wires thru, took careful measurements to have power, speaker & RCAs come up out of the carpet to there amp locations without touching or crossing each other. Its important to me to figure that out while running everything. Part of the OCD and what eats up time. Most people are probably thinking 76 hrs for a HU, 2 amps & 10 speakers seems like a excessive amount of time but i have done enough builds now to know that the little stuff is important and not to rush it. 

Very pleased with this amp and it performance. First Prime 4 channel i have used and well worth the $100. It was a perfect choice for this build, and having the donated Prime 1000.1d made the prime series for matching a no brainier. Birth sheet was 320 ish so it is another under rated RF AMP.

IMG_2765_zps2velmnvg.jpg

Lots of clearance on the Prime 1000.1d also and it performs good. Was bought in 07 for my son's Tahoe build and been in one other system since. So glad it still works well, i think it was about a $200 amp when i bought it. 

IMG_2768_zpsfedhqdmz.jpg

Driver side tweeter. Used Velcro to temp hold them in place for tuning. I like where there at so now they screwed down.

IMG_2766_zpskryhgffi.jpg

Passenger side. Same on the mounting.

IMG_2767_zpsk8ticloi.jpg

Dash shot of both tweeters.

And the sub stage. These older P2 12's still sound good. They get shit rattling inside. 500 watts off the P1000.1d. They way i have the boost set you can near turn the bass off when its all the way down. It only takes a little movement to get out put.

IMG_2764_zps1esfy26z.jpg

I moved the enclosure all the to the left for some storage next to it.

The daughter picked it up a couple hrs ago, i went over the whole system with her. Told her the do's and don't with bass knob, volume max setting, and to never go into the audio menu to change anything. I explained the dd-1 process and how all music isn't recorded the same so she will have to learn to use her ears when listen to music and when it starts to sound distorted at close to max volume. She seemed very pleased with it. I gave her the manual to study and sync her Iphone up with HU. She said mondays her day off and can stop by for tweeter mounting, play with the puppies and hang out. Showed her how to use the heater jumper until the switch comes.

Gave her advice not to wang in her neighborhood, let the cabin of the car warm up some before turning volume up high. Told tell people about your system, and dont let anyone control the volume or mess with setting. I said pretend this is your bank account and don't let anyone fuck with it.

Final cost break down of the Suzuki system:

Pioneer DEH-X7800 HU                            $105

RF Prime 250x4 amp                                $100

RF Prime 1000.1d                                    $0 Donated by son

RF P142's rear fill                                    $60

Faital Pro 4" front  stage                          $50

CT Sounds 5.25 comps                            $40

RF P2 12 & enclosure                              $0 Donated by son

AGM group 34 battery                             $200 Daughter bought

Skyhigh Big 3 Kit                                     $60

Knukoncetpz 4 awg amp kit X2                $80

RF distribution block 0-4 x2                     $30

Battery Terminal                                   $20

Stinger road kill deadening                     $75

Total on parts                                       $795

76 hr labor @ $20 per hr                       $1,5020

System total                                        $2,315

I figure to have a shop do what i did would be close to $3400.

And with her buying the battery and me using amazon gift card i was $395 out of pocket.

Archived