94 Suzuki Sidekick JLX (Daughters first vehicle, AGM & big 3 done)

Subs back in enclosure and buttoned up. Excited to get this going just haven't figured out when yet. Plus need a few supplies and map out where amps are going and what speaker configuration to do. I would like to have it for 2 days instead of the normal rush build where i kill myself to make it happen. Sucks getting older, cant recover as fast.

Geter done man!!! LOL

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Geter done man!!! LOL

All in good time. I want to enjoy the build and giving my Daughter a nice base system to build off of in the future.

Nothing pic worthy, just getting all the wiring prepped. Decided to use the 3Sixty off front ch off HU. Probably run rear off HU power. Bought the last pair of CT Sounds clearance 5.25 comps for $40.00 so i might use those up front when they come. Not sure yet but couldn't pass up the deal to have some stock on hand. Still trying to get daughter to swing by so i could map out equipment install and to get measurements on speaker locations to mock up mdf baffles. I also want to see what if anything i can put in the front doors since i have the prime 6.5 mids and the 5.25's coming. (still thinking about running some PPI 3-ways in the future.) So i am taking that into consideration whit mapping everything out, If i did i would want a better 4 ch to run them so keeping that in mind too.

The daughter came over last night so i threw the sub enclosure in to see how it looked. The silver on the box makes it stand out in the back of her vehicle, kinda worried about it being somewhat visible for it to get stolen. If i turn it around its not as noticeable but then the subs would loading & firing off the backs of the rear seats. I thought about painting the trim pieces black but then i would be altering the factory box. I will have to think about some options.

IMG_2678_zpskev1cxwc.jpg

Looks like amps are going under the seats. I was hoping one would fit under the dash on the passenger side. Should have looked into getting a PBR amp that would have fit there nicely. Making baffles for the front 4" speakers to beef up mounting location, some deadening and poly fill will be the best i can do upfront.

Paint it with black plasti dip. This way you can peel it off later on and keep the original appearance.

Good idea, thanks for the tip. I hadn't thought of that. Yet! lol

Archived