94 Suzuki Sidekick JLX (Daughters first vehicle, AGM & big 3 done)

Looks good man. Your daughter is going to be rocking some bass soon.

Looks like everyone already thought of all the ideas I had to hide it better.

Speaker cloth would be a good idea along with the plasti dip type paint. You would never see it and the speaker cloth wont block any sound really. Just sew some velcro to the speaker cloth and wrap it around the front and atatch it to the sides and top? IDK

I think I would be more worried about someone throwing something in the back and punching a hole in a sub.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Speaker cloth would be a good idea along with the plasti dip type paint. You would never see it and the speaker cloth wont block any sound really. Just sew some velcro to the speaker cloth and wrap it around the front and atatch it to the sides and top? IDK

I think I would be more worried about someone throwing something in the back and punching a hole in a sub.

didnt we already figure out you could just use children to protect the sound equipment?

I made some Baffles today out of 1/8" MDF and 1/2" Pine. Now to fix them to the dash to beef up the mounting area.

IMG_2683_zpsbmxv5x7w.jpg

Not perfect but once i have them mounted i will deaden behind it and i saved the deadening pad from the Malibu doors to use in the dash as poly fill.

IMG_2682_zpssoiahmhe.jpg

Ya she will, got to figure out a fast cheap way to get some mids up front or the system will be all highs & bass. lol

I like doing all three, Tint, plasti dip, and the speaker cloth.

I know she won't do anything like that. or let anyone do that to her system. This sub set up is temporary, I am pretty set on doing a sub stage on the rear hatch door to free up space. It may be more work to make the door solid but in the end a couple shallow 10's mounted nicely with grills to keep them protect will suite her needs best.

i was going to suggest that you make a simple wood frame, stretch the fabric over it and staple it down, then velcro it to the sides of the hatch... but i cant really tell if there would be an acceptable place to mount it

I think with some work mounting something like that could be done.

Yes just put your kids in the back and have them hold it down and act as padding just incase.... LOL BMWKING!!

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I order some goodies i needed to get this build going so it looks like the items wont be here until close to Christmas so after the holidays is when i will schedule it. Until then i will keep prepping everything i can. Still trying to figure out front stage, when the CT Sounds Strato's come in i will see if they will work in doors.

CT Sounds showed up today. Not to bad for the $40 price tag and free shipping.

IMG_2685_zpsw1l0vr6z.jpg

CT sounds 5.25 compared to RF Prime 6.5.

IMG_2686_zpslwkhmsoh.jpg

Goodies keep showing up thru the holidays i will be able to install right after New Years.

Its amazing what 3/4" difference looks like. (I know thats what she said ha ha)

but really the 6.5 looks quite a bit bigger than the 5.25

I am interested in the sound quality of the 5.25 because I wouldn't mind putting a set of them in the Toyota. I could move the RE audio XXX to the front pod and put the 5.25 right next to them to replace the 6.5 Soundqubed 2way coax speakers. Right now the seat kind of blocks the speakers a little so that would give me a little more room. I planed on redoing the front door panels anyway and moving one set of tweeters to my A pillars.

What is the mounting depth of the 5.25?? thanks man.

So get them in and playing asap and tell us your opinion. :)

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived