94 Suzuki Sidekick JLX (Daughters first vehicle, AGM & big 3 done)

Its amazing what 3/4" difference looks like. (I know thats what she said ha ha)

but really the 6.5 looks quite a bit bigger than the 5.25

I am interested in the sound quality of the 5.25 because I wouldn't mind putting a set of them in the Toyota. I could move the RE audio XXX to the front pod and put the 5.25 right next to them to replace the 6.5 Soundqubed 2way coax speakers. Right now the seat kind of blocks the speakers a little so that would give me a little more room. I planed on redoing the front door panels anyway and moving one set of tweeters to my A pillars.

What is the mounting depth of the 5.25?? thanks man.

So get them in and playing asap and tell us your opinion. :)

Ya the speaker size difference is 1.25" but there is still a huge difference in size to me. I see why people fab these up in a-pillars and dash. I am thinking maybe a 4" midbass driver and run active up front. Not sure what direction i go until the build starts. Just prepping for all possibilities for speaker placement.

I think the depth is 1.5" but i would have to double check.

Oh duh learn how to subtract.... Ya 1.25 geez I need to go back to school LOL.

I think in the A pillar of a small truck like mine would look to big. They would fit in my wifes Scion XB A pillars. They are big and have a ton of room up on the dash.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Oh duh learn how to subtract.... Ya 1.25 geez I need to go back to school LOL.

I think in the A pillar of a small truck like mine would look to big. They would fit in my wifes Scion XB A pillars. They are big and have a ton of room up on the dash.

I measured the depth and its 2 3/8" depth. total measurement across surround is 4 5/8"! And even the basket is only 5 1/8" so how do these come off as 5.25" speakers? Prime basket edge to edge is 6.5", and surround is 6". I will take a pic of the Focal 4", CT 5.25 & RF 6.5's for comparison.

I really wont to know your thoughts on the JBl compared to the RF (couple pages ago) compared to the Prime 6.5" above. Even if you have to PM it to me

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I really wont to know your thoughts on the JBl compared to the RF (couple pages ago) compared to the Prime 6.5" above. Even if you have to PM it to me

I think the JBL has a better quality build than the Punch but the P142 has a bigger cone but handles less power. The Prime 6.5 has low rms but stiff suspension compared to the CT sounds 5.25. Both speakers are 40 rms and 80 max.

Hey you could throw the 4" focal in a box and ship them to me to do some testing. Not sure you would get them back though. :)

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Hey you could throw the 4" focal in a box and ship them to me to do some testing. Not sure you would get them back though. :)

Thanks for offering! ha ha After the Suzuki install i want to start fab the Focals into the A-pillars of the Malibu which i got at a junk yard for $10. I would love some door panels to play with on the Malibu but they are bit more expensive.

So for the Suzuki i am thinking the Prime in the rear off HU. Mids are 4 ohm and twts are 2 ohm, kind of a strange ohm load IMO. I wonder whats up with that. So then looking at running the 5.25 as midbass in the doors and the 4" JBLs in the dash. ? Not 100% but pretty sure that the direction i want to go. Unless others disagree or have better suggestions.

So i ordered these to have on hand if i decide to go 3-way front stage. Started looking at Dayton drivers and ended up here. Love the speaker diagrams with all the dimensions, ended up being a perfect replacement and should come real close to fitting everything i have fabricated up. And if not i will have make more.

51nZSu72%2BzL._SY90_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W46SW44/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Faital PRO a Italian company. Speakers have good specs and thought it was worth trying. Not to hard on the budget either. Oh i changed order for the 4 ohm models. Might be here before the new year.

Had some fun today and took some pics of different xovers i had just for comparison.

CT SOUNDS, FOCAL, RF T2652's

IMG_2690_zpscjv4wkbz.jpg

CT SOUNDS: basic xover for the Strato line.

IMG_2691_zpsgjdztwf1.jpg

FOCAL xover for the 4" comp set going in the A-pillars of the Malibu.

IMG_2692_zpsev47gtvr.jpg

RF T2652, one of many i have in storage.

IMG_2693_zpsarzmol27.jpg

All 3 side by side.

IMG_2694_zpsnyvz02qt.jpg

So the CT Sounds where $40.00 for the comp set, Focal was $190.00 and about the same for the T2's off amazon years back. So kinda proves you get what you pay for. Hell the RF xover would cost more than $40 to replace.

Archived