Got Metered

Did you bench charge the battery full before you installed it?

How lond did you run the car (audio off) before the test or tests?

With a single battery and a stock alt you will see around 13v or so while @ full tilt.

The only time it should drop like that is if your battery is drained and you are using the alt for all power.

Depending on your above answers charge the battery for a day or so get it topped off full. This will help your alternator with the module keep up. The module gives your alt the ability to produce the higher voltage but if your alternator just cant keep up the module will not over-ride the alts safety back off feature. If your battery is full you should see higher voltage. Always check your resting voltage before you do your TL testing. 13.3v @ rest is a good holding # for a new battery.

Check and let us know, MLA

I have a battery charger I set it to AGM.Gell Cell- 2amp- the day before installing the battery but the charger kept giving me an error (DESULFATION MODE???) so I quit charging it. Battery was sitting at 12.67 before I installed it. I installed the battery and let the truck idle for a good 30 minutes before I turned the amp on. I haven't checked the resting voltage of the battery since I installed it. The battery charger is a Schumacher model SC-1200A. It was the only one I could find at a reasonable price that said it worked on AGM batteries. This is just another reason MLA is A+++ in customer service....... they care

Rebuild coming soon

Monstrous failure.

You do know that it's not 71.3dB per woofer... doubling the cone area only gains you 3dB at best, in a totally theoretical situation. In most cases it's more like 2dB.

Back on topic, sort your voltage out and you'll gain bigtime. You're losing about 30% of your total power which should translate to at least 1dB, with nothing else changed.

71.3db is his actual db divided in half...

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

71.3db is his actual db divided in half...

Which is completely irrelevant.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

You do know that it's not 71.3dB per woofer... doubling the cone area only gains you 3dB at best, in a totally theoretical situation. In most cases it's more like 2dB.

Back on topic, sort your voltage out and you'll gain bigtime. You're losing about 30% of your total power which should translate to at least 1dB, with nothing else changed.

I'm sorry bro, but um you are wrong in this case. It's okay, nobody's correct all the time, lol. The 71.3db is half his actual scored output. So it is relevant, when trying to get more dbs out of a system. Oh, and your 3db idea, well that's wrong as well. You have to consider that yes it is 3db more, if it is applied to the same wattage given to the first woofer, meaning the 750w is split between the two woofers. When adding twice the cone area and twice the wattage the increase is around 5.25db, 3db for the extra woofer, and 2.25 db for the wattage.

later.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

I'm sorry bro, but um you are wrong in this case. It's okay, nobody's correct all the time, lol. The 71.3db is half his actual scored output. So it is relevant, when trying to get more dbs out of a system. Oh, and your 3db idea, well that's wrong as well. You have to consider that yes it is 3db more, if it is applied to the same wattage given to the first woofer, meaning the 750w is split between the two woofers. When adding twice the cone area and twice the wattage the increase is around 5.25db, 3db for the extra woofer, and 2.25 db for the wattage.

later.

DANG!! Things are getting heated in here!!! :excl:

1999 Chevy Blazer 4 dr.

L5 Kicker 15"

Kicker 750.1

later.

Wrong, completely fucking wrong.

/story.

Now please shut up. Until you get some real competition/SPL experience, you need to stop talking. Seriously. You are making such gross generalizations that I seriously think you may be retarded.

Doubling cone area with the same power may not increase your score at all. Hell, it may hurt it depending on the install. I can get one type-r 10" to do a 151 with around 1000 watts, and when I made a box for a pair of 10's, getting around 2500 watts total, it was only doing a 152. By your logic I should have increased by at LEAST 3 dB without even factoring in the additional power.

Guess what boss, shit doesn't work that way.

Here's another noggin scratcher. My 9515 is over 2 dB louder than a pair of L7 10's. Same amount of power, but the 9515 is LESS cone area. You got a math formula to figure that one out?

Bottom line, quit trying to use rules of thumb/theories as a basis for your arguments. You look like an idiot to a person with a halfway decent understanding of how SPL works.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

151 off a 10" sub and 1000w, surely he doesn't know a THING about SPL :blush:

I'll stop thread-jacking now...

He's a noob. I taught him everything he knows :lol:

1992 GMC Sonoma

2008 MECA S1 Champ, 2010 MECA S2 Champ

Archived