Second Skin Audio

Box Design: I need a 7 Cu. Ft. Box... But I can't get the tuning.

whazoo84

First of all what is your desired tuning frequency and what sub/subs have you got and what power are you going to be using also what are your dimensions and secondly i would trust Torres over RE box calculator.

Desired frequency: anywhere between 29-32HZ.

2 Audiopipe TXX-BD3-15

Dimensions (MAX): 40W, 20H, 22D.

If Torres is correct, then I'm good and I can make it work.

I have just been putting some numbers into Torres just to check some stuff out and by the looks of it you don't have enough space for 2 15's Audiopipe recommend 3.5 CUFT per sub you have 8.45 CUFT Gross then once i start adding the port displacement woofers and bracing it drops down to around 5 CUFT net.

Is there anyway you can get a little more room?

I have just been putting some numbers into Torres just to check some stuff out and by the looks of it you don't have enough space for 2 15's Audiopipe recommend 3.5 CUFT per sub you have 8.45 CUFT Gross then once i start adding the port displacement woofers and bracing it drops down to around 5 CUFT net.

Is there anyway you can get a little more room?

I wasn't planning to brace the box, I was going to double baffle it.

I can add a little more to it, if you're doing this in torres, try setting the depth to 24 and heigh to 22. Doing it that way would be squeezing the shit out of the trunk but I know it will fit.

Also, they don't need that, they can be fine with 3 Cu.Ft. for normal bassing, and I know I've seen other do it below the recommended airspace, only custom porting to compensate.

if you are doing a slot port on torres then you enter the height, width, and length. if doing an aero then you do the number of ports, diameter, and length you dont do both sections. Also need to put 3 for common port walls if port is going to be top to bottom of box and turn in an "L" shape.

Archived