Bigger Alternator?

So I noticed that In american vehicles, they offer bigger alternator amperage than foreign. (at least for my car and a few others) So the most I can get for an HO would be a 200 amp one. I was wondering if its possible to fab up some bracketry and throw in something like a 300 amp HO from a ford or chevy? My cars a 95 accord, and it has extra space due to the fact that its the F22B2 (nonVTEC) so VTEC components werent needed.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Wow can you really do that Chevy? I have been wondering the same thing but never really figured you could. I would love to get a beefier 300amp alt compared to the one that they offer which is only 200amp for the 2000 accord.

How the hell would you go about doing this?

I am thinking about doing this as well. I was told a Gm Large Case alternator will fit on my Civic with a little modification. My only question is will my Honda plug into the Gm Alternator or will I or you have to have some sort of adapter to make the Honda plug mate with the Gm plug. I have looked to try and find the back of a Gm Large case to compare the plugs. Your Accord shouldn't be much different than my Civic. I am thinking about selling my 160 amp Alternator for a 300 amp Iraggi. Hopefully someone that has done this will chime in and answer our questions. I believe Civicduty is doing or has done the Gm large case in a Honda.

Edited by zaxfire69

I am thinking about doing this as well. I was told a Gm Large Case alternator will fit on my Civic with a little modification. My only question is will my Honda plug into the Gm Alternator or will I or you have to have some sort of adapter to make the Honda plug mate with the Gm plug. I have looked to try and find the back of a Gm Large case to compare the plugs. Your Accord shouldn't be much different than my Civic. I am thinking about selling my 160 amp Alternator for a 300 amp Iraggi. Hopefully someone that has done this will chime in and answer our questions. I believe Civicduty is doing or has done the Gm large case in a Honda.

Most likely you will have to splice into the factory wiring for the chevy alt

i dont think splicing in would be a big deal, but I agree you probably would. Yeah would definitely love to do this if it can be done without a huge complication.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

If i was you guys i would go to the local junk yard and go through tahoes and burbs and trucks to get an alt and figure it out before you spend the money for an Iraggi or EA alt

yeah thats why I posted it....I want to see if someone has done it before so I dont have to go out to junk yards to see if its even possible.

Edited by mbdblue

I was told that the Gm large case alt with the 180 degree mounting tabs are the models we need. Not 100% sure about he Accord, but for Civic yes. Need 2- 1mm thick washers and a grinding wheel. A little longer channel mount on your stock mount so you can get more adjustment out of it. Doesn't sound that hard. I would love to have double the output of what I have now. That would rock...