Jump to content

Got Pulled over because my trunk rattle can be heard 3 blocks away....


Recommended Posts

Posted

I feel like they're just looking for a reason to gripe at you without saying "you're music is too loud and pissing people off." Your trunk lid could be completely silent and they'd probably something else was rattling and making noise. Maybe their trunk lid was rattling too much lmao

Posted

Just made a purchase of Second Skin Damp Pro to finish the rest of the areas on my trunk lid that never got done

second_skin_purchase.png

Their Black Friday discount is still active but damn that shipping cost kinda kills the deal.

Oh well. It's better to spend $100 on Second Skin Audio than getting a $100.00 ticket from the POPO

The Damp Pro is way thicker than the Alpha Damp that I currently have in my trunk.

Here's a pic of the Damp Pro in my door:

IMG_0206.JPG

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

Seal your box off so that all the acoustical energy is directed into the cabin and not being wasted on moving your trunk lid around.

I tried to seal it off by putting a bunch of my old school textbooks in the gaps on the right if you look at my screenshot.

On a serious note though this box design was by Jason Summers

jason-summers-box-sketch.jpg

and built by CJ from DC AUDIO

cj18-dc-audio-box-build-1.jpg

cj18-dc-audio-box-build-ghost.jpg

I'm kinda wondering if there are new designs now days that better fit my application or if I should stick with what I currently have.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

On a serious note, seal your shit off and you won't be wasting energy making your trunk and rear quarter panels vibrate. Phone books and missing math assignments won't help.

Posted

On a serious note, seal your shit off and you won't be wasting energy making your trunk and rear quarter panels vibrate. Phone books and missing math assignments won't help.

advice on how to seal the box?

I rather not use perm solutions such as foam because I often have to push that sub box back and remove the subs to reapply Amazing Goop on my dustcaps. The DC Audio dustcaps pop out like every year.

I think I could apply a thick layer of Sound Deadening at the top of my box and for the side just sound deaden or gorilla tape?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 532 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...