Jump to content

Got Pulled over because my trunk rattle can be heard 3 blocks away....


Recommended Posts

Posted

I got pulled over by the PoPo today and he said he could hear my trunk rattle from 3 blocks away or some shit...

I told him I wasn't aware of my car trunk's rattle and that I had already applied double layers of second skin sound deadening. The PoPo let me off with a warning and said I better turn it down or take care of that trunk rattle or get a $100 ticket next time he catches me...

It sounds like the cop didn't care that the music was loud, but he was pissed off because the trunk rattles too much? How do I take care of this guys?

My current sound deadening setup:

30sq/ft of SecondSkin Damp Pro for the 2x Doors.

50sq/ft eDead v1SE² in the rear seats.
Second Skin Alpha Damp 20sq/ft for the Trunk Floor (I got this stuff for free from the Second Skin Facebook contest while back).

IMG_0601.JPG

image026-1.jpg

I originally had FatMat sound deadening for my trunk lid and later removed everything and applied Second Skin but the rattle is still so much... The Great Foam thing I sprayed in between the trunk lid reduced the rattle but still a problem for the police...

UPDATE:

Added picture of my current trunk lid sound deadening setup and some videos.

P_20161126_160144.jpg
P_20161126_160155.jpg


Trunk Lid Open [Psyph Morrison]:



Trunk Lid Closed [Psyph Morrison]:


DC Audio XLM2's in cabin [5 on it]:


Trunk Lid Rattle Closed [5 on it]:

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

dude.. you need to seal the trunk up so you wont get rattle

my brother had no deadner in his trunk but he sealed the trunk and had no rattle.. you will always have rattles unless you fix the cause of it.. use thicker gaskets so the trunk seals tighter

Posted

Apply Roadkill Overkill adhesive backed ccf(awesome stuff) around the rim of the trunk lid to form a "gasket" around the trunk lid rim. Add more deadener, and more injection foam. Good luck. Freeze that sound...

I can't visualize these steps :( Pictures or video guides would be appreciated.

Anyhow, I'll make a video later next week to see if any of yah have ideas of ways I can reduce the trunk rattle of my 1999 Camry. I feel like I've already done so much to the trunk of my car with sound deadening where it would just be impossible to reduce the rattle from 5000 watts RMS.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

Its most likely your license plate or something on the exterior of the car??

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Posted

You can weld the Trunk shut and something will still rattle.

Turn it down around town and you'll be fine.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

You can weld the Trunk shut and something will still rattle.

Turn it down around town and you'll be fine.

This.

You wont get rid of it. If you completly seal if off, you can kill it good. But adding some dampifler wont do much. Loud ish trunk builds just do that. You want it all but gone, seal it off. Completely ..... Or live with it.

Posted

Here's an update of the videos to show you the rattle. Videos recorded with my Zenphone 2

P_20161126_160144.jpg
P_20161126_160155.jpg


Trunk Lid Open [Psyph Morrison]:



Trunk Lid Closed [Psyph Morrison]:


DC Audio XLM2's in cabin [5 on it]:


Trunk Lid Rattle Closed [5 on it]:

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 777 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...