Rocbola Posted November 30, 2016 Report Posted November 30, 2016 OK, let's try this again. Sorry about the first one; didn't know. Not trying to start any kind of heated versus type of debate between brands, but i would genuinely like to hear people's experience on sub set ups. The amp is a 1000/1 JL, and i currently have it on a single 15 rated for 750 RMS. It's too much for that woofer. I have decided to upgrade. I started looking at JL subs, but the only sub i really love from them is the very costly W7 line, and i can't afford it right away. Therefore, i am looking for a budget set up to get me through the winter. What i want: Be under $400, including wood for box build, or prefab. I already have enough carpet, screws and glue laying around. Fit into space of 38"W X 21"D x 18"H My tastes are probably 60% SQ, 40% SPL. I love woofers that are accurate, and not overpowering, when i listen to music, but can still make me feel like i'm in a nightclub when i listen to rap or electronic music. Thinking 3-4 10's, 2 12's, or 2 15's. Not sure if the 10's will give me the lows i love, but not sure if the 15s will give me the clarity. I've done 2-12s so many times over the last 16 years that i've been into car audio, i kind of want to do something different, but still open to it.
dolarbilz Posted November 30, 2016 Report Posted November 30, 2016 Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/142118715162 You can do 4 of these, single 3ohm coil.save to get wood and build a nice box
Rocbola Posted November 30, 2016 Author Report Posted November 30, 2016 What 15 was you using? Was a Type-R.
dolarbilz Posted November 30, 2016 Report Posted November 30, 2016 Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/122213892244 I never used these, but I do like them.
dolarbilz Posted November 30, 2016 Report Posted November 30, 2016 http://www.ficaraudio.com/product/alpha-series-alpha-12/
3vil Posted November 30, 2016 Report Posted November 30, 2016 If I'm understanding your OP correctly, going from a 750w rms to a 1000w rms will have no discernable difference. You can turn your gain down a hair if the Alpine is bottoming out. If you want to aim towards a larger system, then consider getting one or more higher rms woofers, with plans to replace your amp and upgrade electrical later on to fully utilize those new subs.
Rocbola Posted November 30, 2016 Author Report Posted November 30, 2016 If I'm understanding your OP correctly, going from a 750w rms to a 1000w rms will have no discernable difference. You can turn your gain down a hair if the Alpine is bottoming out. If you want to aim towards a larger system, then consider getting one or more higher rms woofers, with plans to replace your amp and upgrade electrical later on to fully utilize those new subs. I forgot to mention that the 750W sub is moving over to my Suburban as soon as i start that build. I already bought everything needed to start that build, so it's probably happening soon. I need something to put in my car for now, until i can afford a higher RMS woofer. (wanting a single 13W7) I don't mind getting a cheaper sub set up for now, as i can move it to my girlfriend's car, or sell it, once i get my better sub set up.
dolarbilz Posted November 30, 2016 Report Posted November 30, 2016 You don't need w7 grab one off these. http://www.ficaraudio.com/product/q-series-q18neo/ Get another jl 1000 Put one amp per coil Then let your ears have sex to sonic bliss
bmwking Posted November 30, 2016 Report Posted November 30, 2016 i went from 4 type r 12s to 2 amercian bass xfl 12s. ill never buy alpine again. 1k rms (conservative) and god they just hammer for the price. can be had for $170 a sub online
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.