Sonic Electronix

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this the wrong place, I have a 2010 Camaro V6 and i have a custom front facing subwoofer box build for my camaro.

The box tune to 33hz, I will be using 2 Soundqubed HDS312 12 dual 2 ohm, 10 gauge speaker wire, xs power d925, 2 soundstream rubicon 2500d

Ported Subwoofer box, Each soundqubed sub will wire to 2 ohm, So 1 sub will have it own amp. Big 3 upgrade.

My alternator is stock.

So my question is how loud would it be for that setting?

one amp per a sub, both subs are D2? so each sub will be wired to either 1ohm or 4 ohm, not 2ohm as you say. Meaning each amp will have a 1ohm load. FYI.

If you keep that setup you will need a High output alt and more batts.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

you can't. two 2ohm dvc subs on one amp can only be wired as .5ohm(parallel/parallel), 2ohm(series/parallel), and 8ohm(series/series). you need two 4ohm dvc subs in order to wire to 1ohm on a single amp.

My suggestion if you already have the two D2 subs and the two amps: one amp per a sub, subs wired to 4ohm. It'll be clean, more efficient, and won't murder your stock charging setup. Just make sure that if the subs share enclosure space, that the amps are properly gain matched in order for the subs to move in phase with each other.

You could. The lower you wire, the more power the amp can potentially output, but the amp becomes less efficient as a counter-effect, meaning you'll need to upgrade your electrical in order to provide the amplifier with what it needs, as well as what your vehicle requires on a normal day to day basis. I would recommend a higher output alt that has good idle output close to 200A, and a couple of group 31 batteries, and at least two runs each of 1/0 power and ground wire from the front alt/battery to the two or more rear batteries.

Edit: Also, you take a risk at wiring below manufacturer's recommended resistance/impedance ratings. It is more stressful on the amp as it produces more heat, which can lead to damage and shorten the life of the amp. If the amp is not rated for .5, and you damage the amp by doing so, then you have voided any warranty you may have.

Archived