Second Skin Audio

Enclousure Volume Question

Joe50302

I have a quick question some of the old-school guys might be able to help out with. A friend of mine has no bass in his 98 Explorer right now. He wants something, but is on a very tight budget. I have had a brand new pair of Kicker C15c's tucked away in my laundry room for probably the last 15-20 years. I offered to give them to him, and of course he accepted. LOL. My problem is, even though they were brand new and sealed in their original boxes, there was no paperwork/specs with them. Does anyone know anything about these subs? How much enclosure volume do they need? Do they like a sealed or ported box? Etc. I am trying to help my buddy get some bass in his ride. Thanks in advance for any and all help anyone can provide. It is greatly appreciated.

I ran a pair of c15 in the early 90s. I ran them 4 cubes each sealed on a punch 200 that was rated at 400w bridged. They can be run ported but I never did.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

• 1 year later...

I I found the manual for my S15D's on the kicker website I'm not sure if they are the same as what I have I have three 2 ohm single voice coil solos they call for 1.5 cubes sealed I will look on their website again to see if I can find the manual for yours by the way I and looking to sell my free 15-inch solos in separate boxes if anyone is interested let me know..

2.40- 3.60 sealed and kicker still has the manual online free download kicker.com and you will want to look up... Separate series competition and free air.. the subs are it is listed in there hope that helps you.

Archived