Smelly subs=Bad electrical??? Help?

I would check your gain... How did you set your gain.

WHat volume does your head unit clip at?

It was set with a SMd dd1. It's a pioneer x4800. I only go up to 30 on the hu. Its where both my highs amp and bass amp is set to.

um? 30 out of 38? are all your eq settings off or flat when discovering this 30?

U have a great amp and subs , sounds like its set up right with the DD-1 hope it's just the glue smell I'd beat those subs up for awhile and should be fine but better electrical is always a good idea and u got it coming

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I would check your gain... How did you set your gain.

WHat volume does your head unit clip at?

It was set with a SMd dd1. It's a pioneer x4800. I only go up to 30 on the hu. Its where both my highs amp and bass amp is set to.

um? 30 out of 38? are all your eq settings off or flat when discovering this 30?
I don't know how high the radio goes. I just choice a good number that didn't distort and went with that. I just don't prefer to set the radio to max volume. Every thing dealing with bass was either flat or set to zero.

U have a great amp and subs , sounds like its set up right with the DD-1 hope it's just the glue smell I'd beat those subs up for awhile and should be fine but better electrical is always a good idea and u got it coming

I'm hoping it's just the fact they are new. They're the first new subs I've owned everything else was bought used so don't really know what to expect with them.

Those subs are badass for the price givem hell for awhile

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived