Around 10kw system

Okay everyone Im doing a orion hcca system in a 04 bmw 745i and will be uprading to a 370amp singer alternator a D4900 XS power main battery and 1 D7500 battery amps I will be running are as follows

Hcca 5000.1D at 1ohm on two hcca 12.4 wires to 1 ohm and 6 hcca 5 1/4's on a hcca 2000.4 amp will I have enough juice to stay at a 13 or higher voltage?

It might be, it might not be. there's other variables that tie into what your electrical should be besides the equipment you have and the charging system/reserve. Hook it up, play it how you intend to, watch the voltage, if it drops, add another D7500, repeat process.

As long as your battery isn't located in the trunk (I'm not familiar with BMW's) then a single run of 1/0 from alt to batt under the hood will have more than enough current carrying capabilities. You may want to do at least two runs from the main battery to the secondary though.

Isn't that N62 early version engine with the water-cooled alternator? I understand that they went back to air-cooled alternator with the N62TU starting in model year 06. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

I see, they made a mid-year change over to the new alternator because of the water cooled setup having so many problems. Good luck with it, those systems are a pain to customize without bypassing the fiber optics completely.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

Archived