Need questions answered for mids/highs

Wannabe

You'd have to contact the Sonics guys on here via pm to see if they still offer SMD discount code. I haven't bought anything from them in 4 years.

As far as wiring goes, you could probably start a thread in the Electrical wiring section:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/12-electrical-battery-alternators-wiring/

The most important thing would be to decide on if you want 0 awg or 4 awg "power wires" for your runs from battery to whereever your amp is going to be located at (if the distance from your battery to the amp location is far, you'd need to buy longer wire). As far as speaker wires go, I just use whatever I have even if it's something cheap from home depot.

I normally buy my power wires and rca's from Knukonceptz.com but they're a bit spendy so maybe someone else can help you find something cheaper. I get the oxygen free copper wires too when I'm buying power wire.

They also have amp kits: http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-audio/amp-installation-kits/

I'm not sure when their next Holiday sale would be though. They had a sale on black friday.

Power / Ground Wire is going to be your most expensive decision for wiring. OFC wires can get VERY spendy. The RCA's and speaker wires will be cheap.

but yeah, start a thread in the wiring thread for additional help :)

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Here's an example of how expensive upgrading / wire purchasing can be:

I ended going on budget and had to buy fuse holders from SonicsElectronixs at a later time but these purchases here were from KnuKonceptz.com

knu.png

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Wow nice write up explaining the cost of wire for the system. Most guys dont even think about that when they are doing their budget for the build. ^^^^

IMO I would not buy and install the rear speakers and use that money twards a nicer 4 channel amp. And when I say nicer I mean a tested and proven amplifier.

There are many cheap amps out there but you get what you pay for in the audio world most of the time. Some times you can find great deals on good equipment.

IMO also buy good equipment once will be more expensive but it will last. By cheap shit and you will be upgrading and spending more than you would have if you just ponied up for the quality equipment.

I wish I had because I have spent at least 3500 in audio equipment with three or four different builds to get what I really wanted. Would of only cost maybe 1500 if I would have made the right choices.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Wow nice write up explaining the cost of wire for the system. Most guys dont even think about that when they are doing their budget for the build. ^^^^

IMO I would not buy and install the rear speakers and use that money twards a nicer 4 channel amp. And when I say nicer I mean a tested and proven amplifier.

There are many cheap amps out there but you get what you pay for in the audio world most of the time. Some times you can find great deals on good equipment.

IMO also buy good equipment once will be more expensive but it will last. By cheap shit and you will be upgrading and spending more than you would have if you just ponied up for the quality equipment.

I wish I had because I have spent at least 3500 in audio equipment with three or four different builds to get what I really wanted. Would of only cost maybe 1500 if I would have made the right choices.

I feel all the equipment I have chosen is pretty high end for my budget already, the only thing I think was a cheapout choice was the mb quart 4 channel. If I'm not satisfied and it dosent do well with the complete build I will sell on eBay and get another and be out like 40 bucks.

I'm trying to get the nicest gear I can afford and I know I'm gonna spend at least 1000 on an alt and batteries and lord knows about an enclosure

this is my first build, i have been waiting 4-5 years to have this done

95 chevy 2 door tahoe 5.7

Xs power d3400

Singer 275amp alternator

Big 3 - all Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0ga/ knu Fuses an holders

Sundown SAE-1500d

Mbquart onyx OA800.4

Stinger 4400 series RCAs and stinger volt meter

Fi Q NEO 18, 7.5 cubes tuned 32hz

Pioneer MVH-X690BS H/U

Kicker CSS 6.5 comp sets in front doors

Kicker KSC 4x10 coaxials in rear

GTMAT and FAT MAT deadner

Xenon 10k Blue HIDs

For a beginner build I think it's better to start off with cheaper amps / speakers because it leaves room for error for making mistakes / blowing speakers and learning.

I wouldn't go cheap on the electrical support though such as power wires / batteries because those can always be used on the next setup if you just go big the first time with proper electrical.

I blew a couple of component speakers and subs with my first sound budget sound system.

You will always upgrade your system at least once or twice for more bass anyway trust me.

i didnt cheap out, singer 275amp alt is already payed for and being built and my xs 3400 should be here tomorrow, 50ft kolossus fleks ( big 3 & power/ground) 0ga ofc from knukoncepts is in transit as well

and i hope i can be cautious and patient enough to avoid damaging this equipment in my first build

this is my first build, i have been waiting 4-5 years to have this done

95 chevy 2 door tahoe 5.7

Xs power d3400

Singer 275amp alternator

Big 3 - all Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0ga/ knu Fuses an holders

Sundown SAE-1500d

Mbquart onyx OA800.4

Stinger 4400 series RCAs and stinger volt meter

Fi Q NEO 18, 7.5 cubes tuned 32hz

Pioneer MVH-X690BS H/U

Kicker CSS 6.5 comp sets in front doors

Kicker KSC 4x10 coaxials in rear