whazoo84 Posted December 23, 2016 Report Posted December 23, 2016 I can't make sense of Orion's Enclosure specifications, is it just me or are they calling for 0.056 Ft.3 of port area? Or am I just reading it wrong? I am referencing the enclosure recommendations for the XTRPRO152 which can be found at the link here: http://www.orioncaraudio.com/docs/28-xtrpro-series-subwoofers-/Linea%20XTR%20PRO%2015in.pdf Edit: If someone can tell me what I'm getting wrong or how much port area the subs need, I can finally start on my box build that I've been waiting FOREVER to get started on.
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted December 23, 2016 Report Posted December 23, 2016 That is for a single 4 inch port. If the box is 2.5 cubes then it will be hard to get a big enough port that still fits inside the box. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
whazoo84 Posted December 23, 2016 Author Report Posted December 23, 2016 That is for a single 4 inch port. If the box is 2.5 cubes then it will be hard to get a big enough port that still fits inside the box. The box Is 8.8 cubes without porting. I don't wanna do sealed, I'd like to do ported so I'm guessing the port would take up a large portion of that? I know previous designs that were made came to bring it to about 6 cubes nearly even. so 3 per sub.
Tater05 Posted December 23, 2016 Report Posted December 23, 2016 Try using g the port calculator on car audio dot com.You just need to enter your width, height, and the Hz that you want your box tuned to and it will give you the length of your port.
Skullz Posted December 23, 2016 Report Posted December 23, 2016 Torres comes up with .06 port "VOLUME" which is not to be confused with port area. Port area is 12.56 in², when i used this i had it set for 3/4" and not 5/8" walls. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
whazoo84 Posted December 23, 2016 Author Report Posted December 23, 2016 Torres comes up with .06 port "VOLUME" which is not to be confused with port area. Port area is 12.56 in², when i used this i had it set for 3/4" and not 5/8" walls. Can you explain port volume and area, and how do I achieve it for this sub?
whazoo84 Posted December 24, 2016 Author Report Posted December 24, 2016 If anyone could please help me here that'd be great, I really need it now.
Skullz Posted December 24, 2016 Report Posted December 24, 2016 For simplicity lets do this, 12x12=144 sq inches which is equal to area. Now lets do it again but add the volume to it, 12x12x12=1728 cu. inches which is what the volume would be for a cubic foot. The ports displacement isn't very much considering it is only a 4" tube 7.9" long. The recommendations for port area were wrong, they used port volume instead of port area, so the next time you see something like that you can pretty much guess they used the wrong one. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 24, 2016 Report Posted December 24, 2016 How much power are you going to be running? A single 4" port for a 15" sub is rarely a good idea, regardless of if that's what the manufacturer recommends. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
whazoo84 Posted December 24, 2016 Author Report Posted December 24, 2016 How much power are you going to be running? A single 4" port for a 15" sub is rarely a good idea, regardless of if that's what the manufacturer recommends. 2500-5000W, as I stated above in a reply. However, I came up with a design in Torres that I think will work, have a look:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.