Sonic Electronix

So I put my 15" L7 on the edge of my Jeep today as I was wiring them into my new box I just built. I checked first to see if the subwoofer was stable and it didn't budge so I left it there for only temporary. About 2 mins later I back up a bit to glance at my box and the L7 takes a turn for its worst and falls and hits the ground. It made such a loud noise and scarred the concrete with its metal frame. First thing that went through my mind was, "my sub is done for." I was too afrait to pick it up because I didn't want to see the damage but the only that broke was part of the plastic frame. It actually took the fall like a champ. It still beats too along with my other L7. Lesson learned, don't place your subs on an edge. lol

Edited by cichlidfort

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

holly hell man, that would make me cry. i cn't even set my subs on smooth cement just for a sec and my subs suck. i counldn't bear to see them tall. let alone an L7

good to hear it is doing ok.

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

Yeah I felt extremely dumb when it fell. it was like it happened in slow motion. But nothing is really damaged. Just a small piece of plastic and scrapes on the metal frame. Still hits just as hard like my other L7.

Setup in the makings

so i just read your signiture thing and see you have the amp i am wanting to buy that same amp. questions on it. can it take 1/0 gauge wire into the power and ground terminals or am i going to need go buy an adapter? and how well do u think it will take a 1 ohm load say to two Fi BL's? and i did see your review of the amp on sonicelectronix didn't i?> that was you, right?

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

Yes it takes 1/0 gauge in both power and ground terminals so no need for reducers. Two FI BLs will take this fine. I am not sure about the review...what did it say? I think I did deal with sonicelectronix and they had horrible service. It took over 5 days for the payment to be processed and they never answer their phones.

Setup in the makings

poor concrete. thats a tough sub!

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/