Dual Battery System for my Bronco

The only thing the switch does is determine which batter starts the truck.

Skippy,

That's another option as well. I could run the main power feeds directly off the side post or top post depending on the hardware I end up using. I already plan to run the security system power to one of them so it's on all the time.  Either way the stereo always has power. The switch only locks out power to the starter. The security system locks out the starter trigger wire. I just thought it would be that much more difficult to steal the truck like that since they probably have never seen that before. I'm still debating the switch. I may ditch that idea yet.

You can't switch from one to the other when wired this way. They are in parallel at the alternator fuse.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

hmmm.  ok So no matter where you tap into it in the circuit, your always pulling from both batteries because of that connection?

I see that now.  Thats why I had the Isolator in there to begin with I suppose.

ok, so I guess I will scrap the switch if it wont work without the isolator and replace it with a Distribution block.

ok revisions #3.  This should be it.  eliminated damn near all extraneous Connections, which should be a good thing.  Made it a Simple Parallel Run.  I included the starter relay in there this time. and the frame/engine grounds.  I also Switched the Batteries to 2 XS Power D3400's

Dual%20Battery%20Std%20Parallel.jpg

Archived