RedFred Posted January 15, 2017 Report Posted January 15, 2017 Hello all, I've currently got 2 SoundQubed HDS212 D4 subwoofers that I purchased used from a guy on craigslist. I am looking to run 6 of them in total. Is there any reason I should avoid mixing used and new subwoofers? Or similarly, is there any issue running 3 different used pairs of the subwoofers? (Since most people only run two 12s, it's easy to find them used in pairs on Craigslist/Facebook). Would I need to allow differing break in periods or something?
reedal Posted January 15, 2017 Report Posted January 15, 2017 you should be fine. It's similar to the people who have one or two recones out of 8 subs in their wall and drop the new recone in, do a little testing, then get back at it. The used sub will have a little more travel than the new sub, but as long as the signals going to them are in phase, there should be no issue SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Wasteland_Audio Posted January 15, 2017 Report Posted January 15, 2017 As Reedal said, there is no issue running a used and new sub together as long as observe the new subs break in period. However if you plan on buying multiple pairs make absolutely sure that they are the exact same model of subs in every way. Especially if you are buying on craigslist, as a lot of people don't actually know what they have. Just make sure you double check before you buy.
RedFred Posted January 15, 2017 Author Report Posted January 15, 2017 Perfect, thanks fellas. Should save me a good bit of money. Reedal, you're like my own personal MVP. Coming in all my threads with the answers haha.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.