Sonic Electronix

Sound deadening truck bed. Stop bedliner vibration.

So I just got my 2 Skar VVX 15's in my 05 Dakota club cab. They sound great and my cab is deadened from floor to ceiling so it does not move much. I am however noticing that my bed and bedliner are moving quite a bit. How does one go about stopping vibrations on these parts? Is there some sort of dampener that I can put on the inside of the bed panels or quarter panels (if that's what they are called on a truck)? My bed is pretty beat up fromt eh previous owner which is why I did the liner instead of spray on stuff. 

You'll have to cover the edges/seams in some type of foil insulation tape(aka HVAC tape). I emailed second skin about basically this same thing for my RZR, and that's what they told me.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

• 2 months later...

Yes, Damplifier and Spectrum both will work good to kill the vibrations in your bed. If the noise you are talking about is the plastic bedliner slapping against the medal floor, then you will need to get a decoupler like Over Kill or Over Kill Pro in between those 2 materials. They are located here http://store.secondskinaudio.com/closed-cell-foam-ccf/ 

Sorry for the delay, it has been a crazy busy year here so far.

Call us anytime with questions 1-800-679-8511 

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

• 1 year later...

Archived