Jump to content

Xile's Suburban Build DC Audio


Recommended Posts

Posted
4 hours ago, ALDJ253 said:

Looks awesome! How's the voltage at full tilt? 

(Would love to see a vid!)

Voltage holds around 14v at full tilt. I Jack the voltage up a little over 15v before full tilt. Keep in mind my audio is separate from the car. 

Posted
19 hours ago, xile said:

Voltage holds around 14v at full tilt. I Jack the voltage up a little over 15v before full tilt. Keep in mind my audio is separate from the car. 

Oh, I'd didn't know that. So, you have the 2 additional alts going straight back toy our batteries (after your voltage regulator)?

Posted

The 2 mechman alts go to a xs d3400 up front then back to a bank of 7 xs d3400's. the 2 mechmans are on the AVBM2. the stock alt and battery take care of the car

Posted
4 hours ago, xile said:

The 2 mechman alts go to a xs d3400 up front then back to a bank of 7 xs d3400's. the 2 mechmans are on the AVBM2. the stock alt and battery take care of the car

Oh, that's awesome! Wish I had three money to do stuff like this. Again, looks awesome. Would love a demo vid

Posted

Anyone have any thoughts on what this setup will do numbers wise. I'm still trying to find someone local with a meter. Just curious what to expect. 

  • 2 months later...
Posted

Ok guys need some advice. Got on a meter and did a 150.9db at the headrest MECA rules. My box rise is killing me. I am wired at 1 ohm nominal. Most power I got out of it was a tad over 4k watts. My subs are d2 so option are recline or different amp (s)  my thought was sell the 9k and get 2 dc 5k's then I could go .5 each. Any other input?

Posted
On 5/1/2017 at 11:57 AM, xile said:

Ok guys need some advice. Got on a meter and did a 150.9db at the headrest MECA rules. My box rise is killing me. I am wired at 1 ohm nominal. Most power I got out of it was a tad over 4k watts. My subs are d2 so option are recline or different amp (s)  my thought was sell the 9k and get 2 dc 5k's then I could go .5 each. Any other input?

Unless u want to switch to a higher voltage setup

Posted
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:57 PM, xile said:

Ok guys need some advice. Got on a meter and did a 150.9db at the headrest MECA rules. My box rise is killing me. I am wired at 1 ohm nominal. Most power I got out of it was a tad over 4k watts. My subs are d2 so option are recline or different amp (s)  my thought was sell the 9k and get 2 dc 5k's then I could go .5 each. Any other input?

Love the build! I would be tempted to get another 9k and run them both at .5 ohm.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1060 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...