Xile's Suburban Build DC Audio

Thats what I would do. Wire down and make some actual power. Know you know why you hold such good voltage. (Holding 14v,. Or alt output at full tilt)

Due to the fact your not making much power. Wire down, and actually use the battery bank that you paid money for. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Saturday, May 06, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Kyblack76 said:

Thats what I would do. Wire down and make some actual power. Know you know why you hold such good voltage. (Holding 14v,. Or alt output at full tilt)

Due to the fact your not making much power. Wire down, and actually use the battery bank that you paid money for.

With the subs being D2 I'd have to strap 2 amps to get down to .5 ohm or only other option would be .25. I've been thinking about getting a b2 m12r. looks like it would give me decent power with my rise. I'm not looking to go over 7500 watts rms. I run street 4 in meca. The b2 looks like it would give me plenty of headroom.

On Saturday, May 06, 2017 at 10:26 AM, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Love the build! I would be tempted to get another 9k and run them both at .5 ohm.

That would be a little overkill on those xl's

Saw your ad on facebook about swapping amps!

Mind me asking how long each of your runs is and where you ran them? I know you said firewall, but then was it under the carpet? Passenger or driver side?

I've got a Tahoe I'll be starting a build in soon and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do things

5 hours ago, RedFred said:

Mind me asking how long each of your runs is and where you ran them? I know you said firewall, but then was it under the carpet? Passenger or driver side?

I've got a Tahoe I'll be starting a build in soon and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do things

My Tahoe we did under truck

16 hours ago, bigp88 said:

My Tahoe we did under truck

Yeah I looked at your build log and instagram and couldn't find any pictures of the wiring under the vehicle, or where it came up in the vehicle.

• 1 month later...

Just a little update. I've gotten rid of the skar 4 channel and replaced it with a dc 175.4 that I scored out of the sky high demo truck. Also added a second dc 9k. Got both 9k's strapped. Really woke up the xl's. Haven't metered it yet but it's nasty for a no wall build. 

On Wed May 10 2017 at 7:18 PM, RedFred said:

Sorry. Just seen your post. My runs are inside under the carpet on the passengers side

Archived