Second Skin Audio

Sub Search help. Plz.

natemikegray

Hello.

I am currently working on a build for a 97 Acura CL 2.2l. My original plan was to put 6 15's in it, but im not thinking my face plate would have enough space for 6. So, here is my delema. I am an inexperienced installer. I dont know many brands of audio equipment. So I was hoping you guys would help me.

I have 3 Cadence UltraShock A7HC's. The put out 1200-1600w rms. I know how good the P3's are so i was goig to try to use them. I may still use them, but the 12's instead of the 15's. Another option ive thought of would be to use 3 Soundqubeds HDS315's. I just want enough woofers to handle that kind of power wiithout breaking the bank. So, if you guys know of any subs that are amazing subs and can handle that power (even with multiple) it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

2001 Tahoe

No system. Not even aftermarket headunit.

Please post pics of your car somewhere, I have a 99

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Geez lol 6 15's in a small sedan trunk? You gotta consider all the cubic feet of air volume the sub box is gonna need. Not to mention all the batteries you gotta put somewhere also. 

Figure out ur exact max dimensions of trunk space u have, then find out ur cubic feet volume (lengthxwidthxheight). Thats what u have to work with. Then consider subtracting the volume of space the actual wood will take up. And the volume for ur port will take up some of that space also. After u figure all that out then based on ur NET VOLUME AVAILABLE. U can make a better purchase on subs. Subs want a certain amount of air space to play at its best. U could just slap a box together and slap in any sub, but would u be getting maximum performance??? probabaly not. Hope this helps u a lil bit man, good luck.

oh and some brands to throw out there....Acendant Audio SMD series ?, sundown audio, Fi audio, Digital Designs audio, JL audio, theres so many, just check out youtube and peoples build logs here. 

Archived